Do I have an infection?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is only my second batch so I have no clue whether I an infected or not. It is a pumpkin ale from Midwest brewing kit I did use canned poor pumpkin. During my first batch, a honey cream ale from Williams brewing I did not have this. I cleaned with soap and water. If infected maybe the canned pumpkin is there source?

ForumRunner_20120904_205733.jpg

and stored then sanitized with star San before using. Tastes fine after 4 days.

From the low quality photo, I would say no. Yeast rafts or CO2 bubbles.

BluegrassBrewing said:
This is only my second batch so I have no clue whether I an infected or not. It is a pumpkin ale from Midwest brewing kit I did use canned poor pumpkin. During my first batch, a honey cream ale from Williams brewing I did not have this. I cleaned with soap and water. If infected maybe the canned pumpkin is there source?

and stored then sanitized with star San before using. Tastes fine after 4 days.

I vote no also:)

Not at all... yeast rafts and other crap from fermentation. Nothing to worry about there.

Sorry guys it was from my cell phone(and being new to brewingvstill trying to expose the beer to as little light as possible), but I am glad to here that I am in the clear.

Latest posts

Back