DMS on exoplanets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
I knew there was another reference but couldn't remember where I had seen it.

I've learned there's almost always someone who's already posted news items I considered posting 😁

Cheers!
In all fairness, it got kinda buried... The moment I finished reading it, my first thought being it was signs of an exo-brewer, I was going to post it in the 'Best Headlines' thread, but before I finished signing in it occurred to me that maybe that's where Bracc went... He did tend to go all-out when he had a new idea and of everyone on this site, he'd be the one I'd peg as most-likely to try out brewing on another planet. I use levity to get by, and it seemed to be in the right spirit I hope @bracconiere would get a kick out of if he got to see it.

DMS is present in seawater at nanomolar concentrations. Given that the volume of earth's oceans is on the order of 1.5 billion cubic kilometers, that's one helluva lot of DMS. So forget exo-brewers, we should be searching for hordes of brewing mer-people.

Latest posts

Back