DIY Weldless bulkheads - What size Oring?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iluvmysh

Reaction score
I'm looking to purchase the high temp silicone o-ring for my weldless bulkhead (1/2"). should i get size 210 (ID 3/4", OD 1", Thickness 1/8") or size 314 (ID 3/4", OD 1-1/8, Thickness 3/16") orings? (or other, please specify). Thanks!

I actually went with 211 (ID 13/16", OD 1-1/16") and 315 (ID 13/16", OD 1-3/16"). These are what are included with some of the bulkhead kits. I got them both because I wasn't sure if I needed the thicker one for a few places. One good thing about the 211's is that they can replace the black gaskets that come with camlocks.

I actually went with 211 (ID 13/16", OD 1-1/16") and 315 (ID 13/16", OD 1-3/16"). These are what are included with some of the bulkhead kits. I got them both because I wasn't sure if I needed the thicker one for a few places. One good thing about the 211's is that they can replace the black gaskets that come with camlocks.

Thanks.
How was the stretch of the oring over the 1/2" nipple?

The fit was snug but the o-ring doesn't get stretched. The thicker one kind of rolled onto the nipple...not really stretching but not able to just slide all the way on.

I really dislike the behavior of orings for bulkheads and went with wide flat silicone washers instead. That's all we use on any weldless part we sell. There are some designs that will work with an oring, but it requires locknuts with an oring gland (fancy term for groove).

I'm looking to purchase the high temp silicone o-ring for my weldless bulkhead (1/2"). should i get size 210 (ID 3/4", OD 1", Thickness 1/8") or size 314 (ID 3/4", OD 1-1/8, Thickness 3/16") orings? (or other, please specify). Thanks!

I'm interested in making my own bulkhead as well would it be possible to ask you for the parts list? I can't order from anyone here because I doubt they ship out I the US. Really wish I could make my own. Thanks!

Back