DIY Trunk Lines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

telejunkie1

Reaction score
Interested to hear from anyone that has built their own chilled trunk lines. Tubing preferences, insulation wraps, temp probe placement, internal vs external chilling reservoir, pump type....things you might do differently. Looking at a one story rise from keezer to tap.

Thanks in advance, TJ

I documented the build of my trunk lines in this post:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/threads/keezer-and-bar-build.679376/
For a one story rise, I would have gone with PEX for the glycol lines, rather than copper, for additional flexibility in the line. But copper would also work if you have a clear run with no tight bends.

Looking at older posts, people seemed to have mixed success with glycol baths in their keezers, so I hook up my glycol look to my Ss Brewtech 1/5 hp chiller set to 32F (a compromise between optimal trunk temperature and optimal fermenter temperature, since it chills both). The glycol bath has its own temp probe and the Keezer has a Johnson Controls A419 set to 42F, since is mostly drink a German-style lagers and cask ale (when the cask is at the top of the Keezer, it’s on the cool side but acceptable).

Back