Divorce sucks...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madman

Reaction score
... but does it suck more than marriage? For seven years, I've been with a woman who worked for nothing more than her own agenda, got her wish, then checked out of the relationship. Now, I'm in a strange house, limited time with my daughters, and wondering how I never noticed she was a selfish, dishonest, manipulative piece of ****.

Gah, almost enough beer for a rough night. Who has some hope to give?

Sorry, nothing here, but man just hold on. If you can tread water for a while, things always get better.

+1, hold true to who you are and what you believe and things will turn around. Sorry for all you are going through. You have an unbelievable group of friends here who are always willing to help. Hold your head high, take the high road and believe in yourself. You are a homebrewer after all.

Some days have been worse than others. Mainly, I miss my house and my daughters. I don't miss The Nut at all.

Do kettlebells and crossfit for 3 months then begin your humping adventures starting with a hot lil pixie at the gym! Its fun!

It gets better... biggest thing is don't blame yourself, move on and find new hobbies or pursue other interests to take your mind off it. I live alone now with brewing and other hobby stuff scattered all over the house. Solo and loving it... I'd have it no other way at this point in my life.

It get easier after a time no kids but did have a divorce that took everything I had. Keep busy and stay soberish. It will get better

You're right- divorce sucks. Bad. But being married to the wrong person sucks it 100 times worse.

I promise- it DOES get better. Your relationship with your kids can be the foremost relationship in your mind, and don't let the ex poison them against you. Be the best dad you can be, and they will notice.

I was married for 16 years the first time- in a bad marriage to a nasty man. But, I had two wonderful kids and after the divorce they knew that I was there for them.

When I later met someone special, the kids were very supportive of me being happy. The kids are now grown, of course, and I've been happily remarried for nearly 10 years!

Trust me. It hurts now, and you will grieve. But you'll be better in the end, and be happier too.

You know why divorce is so expensive? 'Cuz it's WORTH it! HA! Been there twice, and actually I'm married for the third time now. Happy as a clam. There is joy, happiness, contentedness and comfort in both being single again and in finding someone to love again when you're ready. You'll be fine. Love the kids. Nail a hottie.

I was married to my first wife for 6 years. She was a total whackjob. So bad her own mother's ring tone for her was ozzy's crazy train. When we finally split it was like a breath of fresh air. Use this opportunity to find a sane girl preferrably one who is self sufficient so you know she's not latching on to you for anything other than love. Spend every minute you can with the kids and try to fight for them but not over them, if you know what I mean. If you stay cool and happy it'll be the best revenge you can get on the ex

I'm the only married one left out my circle of friends. It's hard, but it will get easier. All you can do is love your girls and be the best dad you can. That's all that matters. Once you get through the pain BS, I heard it's like High school with money:rockin:...Sounds kinda fun..

Been there, my friend. It does get better. Do what you have to do to get through the misery and pain. Don't go out searching for a replacement. Too often, people go through divorce and go to find someone who is exactly what the first one wasn't. That doesn't always end up working.

Find yourself again, and find comfort in that first.

Lots of good advice here. Personally, I started dating with no agenda in mind. All I wanted to do was to meet different women, and by trial and error, figure out what exactly it really was that I wanted to find. Number one on my list was - NO DRAMA. Number two was intelligence, when the fun stops, you gotta start talking and I don't like talking to a post. Everything else was kinda insignificant.

Do what you want, man. The only people you have to answer to is your daughters. Be the man that you want them to find when they get older. When I argued with my ex, I always took the high road and as frustrating as it was back then, it has most definitely paid off. My kids love me and trust me to no end and that alone is worth everything.

Luckily, the girls are doing well enough. Shannon is too young to really know what's going on (3yo), but Erin is 7 and understands everything. She has her bad days with it all, but they are far more outbalanced by the good ones. I think we're even having better quality time together now that the Nut and I have split up.

My biggest wish is that I could live a life with my daughters, but with no interaction with the ex. I seriously hate every second I'm in a room with her.

Do kettlebells and crossfit for 3 months then begin your humping adventures starting with a hot lil pixie at the gym! Its fun!

I did crossfit for 9 months and was in the shape of my life. Gotta get back into it.

Things will get better man. It's the only life you get. Be happy.

As many others have said, it does get better.

I've had two talks with my kids that convinced me that splitting with my ex was not only the right thing to do, but was late in coming.
The first was right after we split up, and I was with my kids, who were about 9 & 10 at the time. I asked them how things were at home, and my son said, "It's kind of weird. It's quiet without you and mom fighting all the time." The first thing that came to my mind then was that I took too long to leave. My ex was the one that always wanted to fight, and then got pi$$ed off at me when I wouldn't yell back at her.
The second happened recently, when my kids, now 16 & 17, both told me that at first, they blamed me (poisened by their mother's rants), but now completely understand, and realize that SHE is just bat-**** crazy! In fact, they're both asking about moving in with SWMBO and I once they graduate H.S.

divorce was the best thing that happened to me. Because with out it I never would have met my current wife/co-brewer/riding partner/best friend.

So sit back and get sloshed for a day or 2 then sober up, suck it up, and move on....Life has a strange way of working it's self out.

divorce was the best thing that happened to me. Because with out it I never would have met my current wife/co-brewer/riding partner/best friend.

So sit back and get sloshed for a day or 2 then sober up, suck it up, and move on....Life has a strange way of working it's self out.

Agreed. let it go. Keep being a great dad. Thats the biggest revenge you can place on your ex. I have lost loved one and you wallop for days/even months, but you get over it. :tank: cheers my friend.

[/I] wish is that I could live a life with my daughters, but with no interaction with the ex. I seriously hate every second I'm in a room with her.
[/I]

I know the feeling. I have been divorced twice and I still hate my first wife with all the passion in the world. I have been drinking though........

Back