Diving in in Charlotte NC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PitaPacket

Reaction score
Hello all.
I'm an electrical contractor in Charlotte, North Carolina. My brewing began accidentally when I noticed that one of my green coffee bean suppliers also sold homebrew kits. This started me off on a 2 month study into the processes. Got the kit, figured I needed a few more things, bought some all grain kits from Midwest Supplies and brewed my very first batch of beer. It was a Hophead Double IPA all grain. I used this site extensively to learn how to build a mash-tun and get all of the equipment I needed. Now that beer is gone (as of last week) and I have a Boston Stock Ale in bottles (which SWMBO took the helm on), an Octane IPA in secondary chillin with some oak chips, an English Stout in primary, and a Nut Brown Ale waiting to get started. I've made a few mistakes along the way but I've gotten so much great information from this site. My first beer was a success. I'm pretty sure I could do it better now and look forward to doing so. The Stout will be the first recipe we'll mess with. We're doing cocoa additions as well as chocolate liquors (SWMBO must have her chocolate). The only piece of wisdom I think I could give is that AG brewing can be done first and at minimal cost if you do your homework and listen to the brewers at HBT.
Here's to a long future of learning and brewing:mug:

Back