Disappointment in a local brewery....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TheJadedDog said:
I have a local microbrewery near me and there is another one near my in-laws; both make absolute swill that I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole. It was very disappointing the first time I went in to each to find out just how bad beer can be.

Which mb's were you at? (There aren't that many here in the biggest little). Being a local myself, I've been to a couple (trinity and union station), and haven't found either to be swill. I haven't been to trinity in quite a while, but I was in union station last fall and was quite pleased. Especially the porter they were serving at the time.

brewt00l said:
I haven't been in thirsty's for a long while. Mugg's selection is nothing compared to the Wyck, Capone's & Vidalia. Though, Mugg's was the place I had my first legal beer when I turned twenty one (but it was called Cheesesteak Charlies at the time aka cheepskate charlies).

Thanks for the info... I'll definitely have to check these places out!

jackdaniels1940 said:
Thanks for the info... I'll definitely have to check these places out!

For selection and overall offerings, capone's first, vidalia second and the wyck third. Capone's is right up Germantown pike from 202 and well worth the drive. Swing by for dinner and the excellent tap selection. After you have had your fill, hit their take out and prepare to be overwhelmed with goodness.

Stephanies in dtown just did a remodel and is advertising 42 taps or some such.

Brewrats make what they likeand each of us likes something we have made.
I am thrilled with my scottish and i firmly know it is the best beer I've created.
That premise creaps in on each of us. I know it does me! Truth is almost all of us create beer better than AB. And you might not like my scottish(I wouldn't know why) but all of us Micro's and us are pushing the limits of beer brewing and if we are not then we have become AB. Some micro's get rave reviews and I can't figure out why and then there is Founders. Darn I paid $105 for a case. I'm onto their recipe. Applaude your local for trying. at least its not AB. WE are all in this together! Just imagine drinking AB for the rest of your life.

Back