Dip Tube Height off bottom of Keggle in MLT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flomaster

Reaction score
so I just got my brand new www.brewhardware.com 5/8" dip tube and false bottom. I have it hooked up in my MLT and filled it with a few gallons of water above the top of the dip tube. I opened my valve and water tricked out. I filled my 1/2" tubing and connected my pump and turned it on. I had a very low flow coming out of my pump.

I have the nut tight on the tubing, im thinking my dip tube might be to close to the bottom of the Keggle floor. what is the recommended distance from the bottom? I figure mine is about a 1/16th of an inch off the bottom I was thinking of either cutting more of the tube off or cutting a "X" in the very end of the tube maybe 1/4" deep.

-=Jason=-

IMG_20131010_165923.jpg

IMG_20131010_183440.jpg

IMG_20131010_183428.jpg

Using a hack saw, dremel, or angle grinder, make an angled cut at the bottom of the diptube so that a point would be the only thing to touch the bottom while the high side would be about 3/8" up from the bottom.

perfect Bobby... its flowing great now and left less than 2oz of liquid in the MLT. thanks again for quality products at home brewers pricing. I can't wait to instal my Tri-Clover Soldered fitting into my HLT. now to get a cplg gasket, and element, PID, SSR, and temp probe.

-=Jason=-

IMG_20131010_211849.jpg

IMG_20131010_213204.jpg

Back