Digital temperature sensor bypass for Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harrisr4

Reaction score
I have a Beer Mesieter Kegerator am i using with an inkbird ITC-308. It operates fine however the internal temperature sensor is shutting the unit off before the inkbird set temperature is met. This is due to the air temperature being lower than the liquid temperature. Also it seems like the kegerator sensor is reading a few degrees lower than it should be. As a result its taking a few hours to hit the inkbird set temperature because the internal sensor keeps shutting the compressor off. I am looking to override or turn off the kegerator temperature sensor. Attached is the circuit diagram. Any idea what wires i need to change to bypass the internal sensor?
unnamed.jpg

You can but with your style of circuit, being digitally controlled it might be slightly more difficult.

What I would do, is take a look at the power PCB, you may be able to unplug the compressor relay and get your inkbird inline with the compressor.

If you could post a picture of that board I might be able to help you more.

Well...it's easy as pie to control the compressor directly, just disconnect the black and white wires that go to the compressor and the fan from the power control board, and connect them up to an Inkbird or other external controller. But that would lose the defrost capability at the minimum and possibly other high-level functions provided by the two control cards...

Cheers!

Back