different looking trub

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeepaholic

Reaction score
This is the 4th batch of beer i have made all of them have been all grain. Everything has gone great but this last stout I made has something different about the trub. I don't think it is infected and it tastes great. I'm just curious what you guys think it is.

trub.jpg

Different yeast strain than you used before, I'm guessing... this one looks like it likes to clump.

Did you use extra irish moss or extra whirlfloc tablets? I remember a post recently about a dude who threw something like 10 or 20 whirlfloc tablets which is basically 10 or 20 times more than you need, and it formed a huge gelatinous mass. Perhaps you did the same thing but one a smaller scale? Either way, you are fine. RDWHAHB.

Wow, that's more responses than I figured I would get. No, I only used 1 whirlflock tablet. I'm not at all worried. I just wanted to share what I thought was a interesting picture.

What I think it is I used a whirlflock tablet and this recipie called for 2 cans of malted milk. I'm betting it is that combo. I think I may call this zombie brain beer because it look like little bits of brain matter.

Back