Did I mess up my first batch :(?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miranda28

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm a super noob, and just started my first batch of white wine- no kit. I'll start from the beginning, On day 3 I noticed the water line wasn't at the line that it was suppose to be at in the air lock. I added more water- just popped the top off not removing it from the bung. It was bubbling before i had done this and i sooo am kicking myself for even messing with it. ow it is not bubbling in the air lock. Did i just screw up my batch by having a severe case of noob freak out syndrome?

Maybe take an sg reading you might of had a really fast fermentation see what the sg reading is compared with the one you did on day one I'm also new but hope this helps

Relax.

The increased weight in the airlock means the pressure has to build up more in the fermentation chamber. Even if the pressure never builds up to the point that the airlock bubles, fermentation has not halted due to fiddling with the airlock.

Ahh I thought you meant you took the bucket lid off not the airlock lid. No you will be fine mate you can't mess it up by adding more water in your airlock

Back