dexter finale?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smagic14

Reaction score
Anyone watch the series Dexter and is now upset/angry as to how they ended it? Seems like they gave up trying to come up with a good ending?

Thoughts?

I wish they would have ended it on the boat instead of the very end part. It seemed really unnecessary.

I wish they would have ended it on the boat instead of the very end part. It seemed really unnecessary.

Very unnecessary. ..now we have ti think about what he is going to do now...hate when great shows end in a not so great way

Agreed, I'm a huge Dexter fan but it was disappointing. I knew deb would die but dex pissed me off with leaving the kid with Hannah. I hate the artsy fartsy show endings. Like sopranos. Crap. Give me the damn ending I want damnit. Damn. Just damn. Back to my wee heavy in progress.

Yeah, that ending was pretty lackluster. Far from the epic finale I was expecting. I kind of get what they were doing, but they could have done it differently.

That entire last season was a write-off imo. Bad writing, bad story lines, just bad overall. Should've ended it last season.

Original writer (season 1-4) said he would if had it end with Dexter in the table for lethal injection and all the people witnessing it be the people he has killed....as a life flash before him moment

I kinda liked it. Sat in a room alone and thought about all the people that died because of him. Deb, vogle, Harry, laguerta, Rita, etc.... You can see him struggling with that as he sits there. You are lead to believe, the entire series, that's he is a good guys, ..... And he's not

I didnt mind the ending. They should of ended it with hannah and harrison walking off. Supposedly Showtime did not want to kill Dexter and forced the writers hands. I like the idea Dexter should of ended in the electric chair or even if deb snaps and kills him. I enjoyed the show but Breaking bad won best ending ever.

yeah, the entire last season was a bust & the ending sucked more a$$ than there was available for sucking.

Mazuka's daughter storyline was true to character, but went absolutely nowhere. what was the point?

Quinn/Jaime/Deb love-triangle storyline, more pointless crap.

Hanna is the #1 fugitive in the entire Miami-Dade area and she can't even bother with a disguise? not sunglasses or anything, just show up at the airport and no one will notice her?

Breaking Bad was a great ending to a great show, but I believe the series finale best fitting an entire show was Six Feet Under

I was ready to quit the series nearing the end of Season 6 until the last 30 seconds when Debra finds out. I figured that I'd try season 7 because it should get interesting now. Nope, it just got weird, but not in a good way. I would have quit there, but I found out that season 8 was going to be the last season so I decided to stick it out to get some closure on the series. I didn't get that.

I think that killing himself in the storm would have been a good enough (and fitting) ending, instead of the non-ending we got.

And what was the deal with Debra's burial at sea, where Dexter dumps the horrible people he killed? That just didn't make any sense at all.

Man, I wish that I had just stopped watching after season 5.

Hanna is the #1 fugitive in the entire Miami-Dade area and she can't even bother with a disguise? not sunglasses or anything, just show up at the airport and no one will notice her?

Breaking Bad was a great ending to a great show, but I believe the series finale best fitting an entire show was Six Feet Under

I'm pretty sure day one of Fugitive 101 is "Dye and/or cut your hair"

I agree with you about Six Feet Under. Michael C Hall has been in both the best and worst series finales I've seen.

yeah, the entire last season was a bust & the ending sucked more a$$ than there was available for sucking.

Mazuka's daughter storyline was true to character, but went absolutely nowhere. what was the point?

Quinn/Jaime/Deb love-triangle storyline, more pointless crap.

I didn't mind the last season and I wouldn't quite go to the "worst. finale. ever." extremes that I've seen in some reviews, but it did feel like the finale sneaked up on the writers too quickly and they realized "whoops, we have to tie this all together" in the last couple episodes. That's how they ended up with the abrupt end to the Masuka and daughter storyline and the love triangle, and the stupid treadmill scene with Hannah and Harrison. They should have either trimmed out a few episodes (and cut the filler), or added a few more (and properly fleshed out the subplots).

I could've done with the series just ending with Dexter driving the boat into the storm. That seemed like a fitting enough ending: he realized that he only hurt the lives of those he was around, so he took himself out of the equation. The lumberjack scene just added more questions: How the hell did he survive the hurricane? Is he still killing people? Is he trying to atone for his sins so he can reunite with Hannah and Harrison?

Throughout the season, my wife and I were trying to predict how everything would play out. Early on, when Deb was having her nervous breakdown after killing Laguerta and covering for Dexter, we had a theory that she would get into this downward spiral of alcoholism and killing petty criminals that she was trying to track. Eventually she would get so out-of-control that she would meet Harry's code and in the finale Dexter would kill Deb, and then presumably himself (after realizing he murdered one of the few people he truly cared about, and who knew and loved him for what he was). That seemed like a pretty good way to bring everything full-circle.

Latest posts

Back