Devils on Beer Labels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexdagrate

Reaction score
I realized today how awesome beer labels with devils on them are.

I think I'm going to start collecting them.

Here's a list I've come up with so far:

Unibroue Maudite
Beer Valley Highway to Ale
Victory Hop Devil
Grain d'Orge Belzebuth Pur Malt
De Block Satan Gold
Riva Lucifer

Any other brews out there I should be on the lookout for?

Diabhal

Diabhal_Web_sm_JPG.jpeg

Djævlebryg - Mystikale (might have changed now though), Old Mephisto, Nekron, Son of Nekron and Pride of Nekron.

Pretty much everything frome Stone
stone-brewing.jpg

Not to get too technical, but I'd classify the Stone bottles as having gargoyles on them.

Basically, that's just a cop-out, because I don't want to commit to collecting all of those hard-to-find Stone anniversary bottles.

A gargoyle is an ornamental stone carving (Could be an animal/human/devil). This is a graphic on a beer label, of a devil. You could say it's a graphic of a gargoyle of a devil, but we're splitting hairs.

A gargoyle is an ornamental stone carving (Could be an animal/human/devil). This is a graphic on a beer label, of a devil. You could say it's a graphic of a gargoyle of a devil, but we're splitting hairs.

Unfortunately, when I split hairs, i REALLY split hairs.

I was wrong in my second post, Stone's Labels actually have grotesques on them, gargoyles are technically a type of grotesque that functions as a water spout.

Again, I'm not including Stone beers because I'd then have to collect a ton of hard-to-find anniversary ales.

I was wrong in my second post, Stone's Labels actually have grotesques on them, gargoyles are technically a type of grotesque that functions as a water spout.

Again, I'm not including Stone beers because I'd then have to collect a ton of hard-to-find anniversary ales.

I LOLed at your hair splitedness.

I LOLed at your hair splitedness.

haha... good stuff. had to wikipedia and learn more about grotesques & chimeras... love learning useless, interesting, stuff :)

I hope I'm not ruining it for anyone, but I've read the book.

God kicks the Devil's a** in the end....

Stone calls its a gargoyle. End of story :)

Well then we need to contact the PR department of Stone ASAP.
According to Wikipedia (and AtG here) they are STONE WRONG!

Its in fact NOT a gargoyle, but a grotesque which is commonly (ignorantly) referred to as a gargoyle or chimera. This misrepresentation of mythological mythology is a grotesque within itself, and I DEMAND that this be rectified by the individuals at Stone who have been misleading me for so very long with their long line of brews.

Just send me a couple of cases of some Ruination and I'd be willing to turn a blind eye to this misrepresentation of mythology. :D

Back