Desperate for ceramic tops!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BubbaJones

Reaction score
I'm in a bit of a pinch actually and looking to reach out to forum members for some help locating a supplier of actual ceramic (porcelain) swing tops for bottles. I'm a potter making ceramic growlers and I was getting them from Midwest Supply until they ran out. Every place I find on the internet that lists ceramic tops is actually selling plastic. The suppliers in China want me to order 30,000! I'm offering a reward of a free 32oz growler shipped to the first person that can tell me where to find a supplier. See BubbaJonesBrewCups on Etsy.com

I don't know of one : ( If you find one can you post back?

Q1: Where did Midwest source them from?
Q2: you're a potter, can you make them?
Midwest was getting them from a place in China called Friend of Happy Swing Top Bottles Ltd. (not kidding) They were super nice ceramic with silicone seals. I bought them out then ran out after an order for a meadery in Grand Rapids.
Yes I can make them and I may end up buying plastic ones for the bales and gaskets and using home made press molded replacements. Cool thing about that is I could stamp my logo or someone else's into the tops, but its about time and money right now.

Latest posts

Back