Design Guidance for Kegerator/Keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aspera

Reaction score
Hello! I am a long time home brewer, mazer and cider maker but have mostly either bottled or kept 2.5 gallon pin lock kegs in my refrigerator. I’m looking for a new setup for kegs (2.5 or 5 gallon Cornelius). I’ve read an excessive amount on this site and the Kegerator site and concluded that I don’t have the knowledge to understand which set up would work best. Please give your opinion as to how to make the following happen:

1) using off the self parts, with little carpenter or handy skills.
2) live in a small space
3) need to accommodate 2 corny kegs plus CO2 and regulator
4) don’t have strong feelings about keezers vs. Kegerators vs. conversions
5) I’m always working, so ease of construction, cleaning and use is important
6) a cold tower or cold lines are important to me
7) I gave away my last regulator so I need to buy a whole new setup

Thanks in advance!

I found it straight forward to add a couple taps to the basement refridgerator.
IMG_0662.jpg
IMG_0753.jpg

I opted for exterior CO2. I may simplify my next one with an internal tank, but it will need to be a 5-pound tank.
3-gallon kegs work with the top shelf and 5-gallon kegs fit if I remove the shelf.

Most useful tip I learned after building it, is use a hole saw.

4) don’t have strong feelings about keezers vs. Kegerators vs. conversions

If you will put your setup into living space (eg not a garage, basement, loundry etc) I'd vote for keezer. Leakwise.

If full keg leak into your upright fridge (AKA kegerator) - you'll have a mess in the room, possible ruined wooden floor or such
In freezer -keezer you'll end up with a little swimmiing pool inside the freezer, so just rack it off and you are good to go.

My 2c. :) Cheers!

If you will put your setup into living space (eg not a garage, basement, loundry etc) I'd vote for keezer. Leakwise.

If full keg leak into your upright fridge (AKA kegerator) - you'll have a mess in the room, possible ruined wooden floor or such
In freezer -keezer you'll end up with a little swimmiing pool inside the freezer, so just rack it off and you are good to go.

My 2c. :) Cheers!
Thanks, I definitely had not considered that aspect of things. I don’t have a dedicated beer area, so that might be a very important point.

Latest posts

Back