Denver Bulk Buy # 2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great Job Wayne, I wish I could get in on this, that's a great price. I know they always like to try beers w their malt in them at their board meetings!

Thank all of you guys for making this fairly smooth, so far ;)

One more thing. Jason has asked that payment for the roasted grains be separate from the pale, pilsner, and wheat malts. He asked for checks made out to Colorado Brewing Ingredients. I'm sure cash will work just fine.

So no one in Northern Colorado (Ft Collins, Loveland, Greeley area) getting in on this? If you are and could pick up mine please PM me.

Chromados

So no one in Northern Colorado (Ft Collins, Loveland, Greeley area) getting in on this? If you are and could pick up mine please PM me.

Chromados

I'm also in Fort Collins. I can drive to Denver to get the malt, but I have a smallish sedan, so I can't get a whole lot of grain in there. I have three bags in my order, so I could probably help up to maybe 4 more bags. That said, if someone else is doing a bigger pickup for the north, I would like to get my grain in that pickup.

Thanks again for all the orders.

We are looking at over 5500 lbs between 35 people. This is the largest group buy we have attempted.

Last time we met in the Red Robin parking lot. Jason has expressed some concern that 35 cars and one truck might create some traffic flow problems for Red Robin.

Does anyone have any suggestions where we could meet in the nearby area that wouldn't cause any problems? Is there a business of private home nearby that would let us meet and move bags of grain around?

Thanks,

Wayne

You said that we were meeting near Park Meadows right? There is a home depot there that has a much larger parking lot?

Or just the far south end of the mall. Google maps shows a pretty vast plot of asphalt that probably only sees parked cars on xmas eve.

The parking lot over by Rock Bottom Brewery is quite large with very few cars. Near the Golfsmith and J Alexanders. I was there this week and it was very open.

If the CompUSA space is still vacant, I think that would be the best place to meet up. It is also very close to Lukas Liquors for the out of towners looking to pick up some beers that may not make it to their local stores. :mug:

If no one has any objections, I will propose we change the meeting place to:

8691 Park Meadows Center Drive
Englewood, CO 80110

lackey2000,

Please clean out your PM inbox. I would like to reply to your last message.
Thanks,
Wayne

Can you put me down for 2 50# sacs of 2-row/Pale malt? Just found this thread. Sorry for the late addition. I work right over there as well.

Please add another 50# pale for me. I think that takes my total to 150# pale plus 50# white wheat I'm splitting with abazin.

Okay Buffman,

Numbers updated.

For those who are splitting a bag of wheat, are you going to bring containers to the drop off site to split it up there or are you splitting it up later?

I might be able to ask Jason to package some wheat in 25 lb bags. I am not sure if there would be an extra charge for this.

I had intended to bring my digital scale and a homer bucket for the wheat I am splitting with lackey2000. Along with a broom and dustpan. ;)

I will continue to accept orders up through tonight. I will then be sending out e-mails or PMs to everyone who placed an order to verify I have the correct amounts. I will ask that everyone return my message verifying the amounts are correct and that you or someone you name will be there to pay for the grain and to pick it up. Once I have received the verification from everyone I will place the order with Jason.

The e-mail I send out will have my cell number on it so you can contact me the day of the delivery if anything comes up so that you cannot make it.

I intend to get to the drop off point about 30-45 minutes early.

Thanks,
Wayne

For those who are splitting a bag of wheat, are you going to bring containers to the drop off site to split it up there or are you splitting it up later?

We're splitting the wheat up later, not at the pick-up. Also, Wayne, when you figure the totals, add the wheat cost to mine. I'll bring Abazin's check for her pale/pilsner and my separate check for my pale and the sack of wheat.

I'm up in Steamboat and would love to take part, and be willing to meet someone in Dillon/Silverthorne, Vail/Avon or closer to pick up my share.

Please let me know!

Wayne, please take my order down to just a sack of pale malt. Something came up and I won't be able to get the pilsner. I may be cancelling the pale too. I'll let you know ASAP.

Order adjusted.

Has everyone gotten their orders in?

I will not accept any more after tonight.

I will be in touch with everyone who has place an order over the weekend.

I hope to place this order with Jason on Monday.

Thanks to everyone.

Wayne, I heard from SailCO26 and we're arranging for him to get my grain.

Put me down for a 1 sack of pale and 1 of pilsner, please!

I'll work out the money with SailCO26 and confirm by the end of the day.

All orders are in!

The Bulk Buy is now closed.

All E-mails have been sent.

I am waiting on verification from everyone. As soon as I hear back, the order will go in to Colorado Malting Company.

If everyone verifies, we will order a total of 6300 lbs. of grain!

That should keep us happily brewing for the next 6 months or so :D

Everyone has replied to the E-mails and PMs.

The order has been placed with Colorado Malting Company.

The final order is for 6350 lbs!!

I am looking forward to meeting all of you on Friday.

Thanks for making this fairly easy and correcting my mistakes.

Wayne

Tomorrow is the big day. I sent an e-mail out to everyone with my cell number on it if you have any problems.

Jason called today to ask if it would be possible to meet a little early at 12:15.

I will be on site somewhere between 12 and 12:10. If I could get help off loading the grain that would be great.

See you all then,

Wayne

Hopefully things clear up between Denver and the Springs. Snow's still flying and there was a rollover near Monument on I-25 northbound that has things all in a mess. Should be an interesting morning.

Hopefully things clear up between Denver and the Springs. Snow's still flying and there was a rollover near Monument on I-25 northbound that has things all in a mess. Should be an interesting morning.

I work right by the mall and I'm going to have to say that the weather is pretty nuts right now. we have gone through rain to hail to snow back to rian and now back to snow. Gotta love spring weather craziness in CO.

I'd like to give a shout out to Chris (for initiating everything), Wayne, Jason, and Colorado Malting Company. That was the easiest transaction. Thank you very much!!! I can't wait to brew with the pale malt I received. May car smells of malty goodness!

I want to thank everybody that made it out in the nasty weather to pick up their grain.

Unfortunately some people were not able to make it and 1,000 lbs or so had to go back. It was rather busy at first and I was not able to keep track of who was there.

Jason understood that the weather may have caused problems for travel. He is willing to come back up to Park Meadows next week to redeliver the grain.

Please get in touch with me if you are still interested in getting your order next week. Jason will honor the price of the bulk buy.

Considering the volume of grain, number of participants, and weather, the transaction was extremely smooth and efficient. Thanks again to Wayne for coordinating the effort and to Jason for working with all of us. I particularly want to thank the guys who helped distribute the grain. Of my seven bags, I think I personally only loaded two.

A HUGE THANKS TO WAYNE for helping to organize this!!! Given the number of people involved and the amount of gain ordered, there is definitely demand for this. Without someone like Wayne to organize everyone's requests and coordinate with Colorado Malting Co. this never would happen!

And another huge thanks to Colorado Malting Co. for showing up on time despite the challenging weather AND for providing us homebrewers with some pretty awesome malt! It's pretty cool that they're willing to deal with us little guys despite most of Colorado's major breweries are showing interest in their product. Hopefully this doesn't change.

+1 thanks again Wayne have my grain all packaged up in buckets Jason has delivered to me before a very nice guy we chatted a bit and their main malting floor has a capacity of 7000 lbs our order almost filled a whole batch :rockin:

Jason will be coming up again this weekend. For those who missed the pick up time last week, please get in touch with me about getting your grain this weekend. Sunday afternoon would be the best time and day to meet up with him.

Jason will honor the bulk buy pricing.

I'm sort of in late on this thread, but was wondering if it'd be possible to place an order for this weekend if I wasn't in the first round.

Back