Deep Drunken Thoughts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was cleaning house and buzzing on caffeine and sudafed and the following thought ran through my head. If a kid was to experience the whole drinking experience what would they think about it? My thoughts are that they would especially with the comedown the next day day it is not worth it. They would say that if you want to get dizzy why not just spin in circles outside? and the hangover...

Cookie Monster and Nathan Explosion have almost the same voice. If you can do an impression of one , you can do the other.

Are they the same guy?

Cookie Monster and Nathan Explosion have almost the same voice. If you can do an impression of one , you can do the other.

Are they the same guy?

Hmmm, come to think of it, I've never seen Frank Oz and Brendan Small in the same room.

Watching Fellowship of the Ring. Boromir carries around a shield on his back for the whole movie. I don't think he actually ever uses it in any of the fight scenes.

Might have come in handy if an Orc were to be shooting arrows at him.

Mine right now is; How long would someone have to live before they run out of space for memories? I have seen shows, etc where someone is 'immortal'. If you were immortal, how long would you be able to survive until you would run out of space to store memories/experiences? I know that we do not know much about how the brain works, but still...

I know this is the first post and we have probably moved far beyond this question, but I have to chime in. According to every psychology professor I have had, the human brain's capacity for storing memories and knowledge is infinite. The problem arises from being able to recall the information. Say you see someone you know, you know you know their name just can't recall it. The info is there in your brain, you just can't retrieve it at the time.

Quitting smoking sucks.

It sucks even more when you know there's cigarettes in the home (fiancee says she needs 1 a day to help her digestion). I holding out, patches and (nicotine free) e-cigs are really working so far. This is the drunkest I have been in 2014, but I still haven't cracked. I feel like I just want one, just one! But I know from the last time I quit that that is how I will lose it. I wouldn't give up quitting if I had one, but I know I can hold out right now.

Why doesn't the orange have it's own name? We don't call an apple a "red," or a grape a "purple."

If 1 bean is called a "bean," and many are called "beans," why don't we call many grains of rice "rices?"

If you can dig with a shovel & "shovel" with a shovel, why is it that we "sweep" with a broom, but we don't "broom" with a broom?

Quitting smoking sucks.

It sucks even more when you know there's cigarettes in the home (fiancee says she needs 1 a day to help her digestion). I holding out, patches and (nicotine free) e-cigs are really working so far. This is the drunkest I have been in 2014, but I still haven't cracked. I feel like I just want one, just one! But I know from the last time I quit that that is how I will lose it. I wouldn't give up quitting if I had one, but I know I can hold out right now.

Stick with it man! Give all your cigs & lighters away!
Change your routines: listen to different radio stations.
Go to bed at a different time.
Take a different route to work.
And above all else, don't give in. :mug:

Hmm, started brewing to save money. That Trappist beer cost me $7 for a single bottle. Ingredients to make a batch would cost about $40. I can make a batch of about 60 bottles of the stuff for that. If I bought 60 bottles of that Trappist beer it would cost me $420. Yeah, that's about right.

See honey! My brewing is saving us a ton of money! :)

Quitting smoking sucks.

Eating a grapefruit every time you jones for a smoke helped me when I was quitting. That & the knowledge that If I didn't stick with it, I'd NEVER have a better chance to quit. Video games & books helped to take my mind off cigs.
You CAN do it, who is stronger, you or those little cancer sticks?
Regards, GF.

Eating a grapefruit every time you jones for a smoke helped me when I was quitting. That & the knowledge that If I didn't stick with it, I'd NEVER have a better chance to quit. Video games & books helped to take my mind off cigs.
You CAN do it, who is stronger, you or those little cancer sticks?
Regards, GF.

I'm doing good, after today it will be a full week without cigarettes. I am using the patch and an e-cig with non-nicotine fluid (I have 3 nice and fruity flavors that are like hookah).

The times I have the most trouble are late at night after a few drinks. I get bored and just want a smoke so badly. Surprisingly I have even gone out to the smoke shack to use my e-cig and talked to people smoking real cigarettes and not felt the urge.

Basically I am hopeful and so far it seems like I will be able to do it.

Everyone I know on E Cigs is on those forever or they go back to smoking.
I did the patch for a month, then was confident to cut all ties.
Haven't had a cig in 7 years, 1 month, 7 days and counting...

Everyone I know on E Cigs is on those forever or they go back to smoking.
I did the patch for a month, then was confident to cut all ties.
Haven't had a cig in 7 years, 1 month, 7 days and counting...

I was afraid of that, which is why I limit myself and use non-nicotine liquids. Really it is to help me with the oral fixation and keep my hands busy.

While I am only buzzed, so I dunno if this can be considered a drunken thought, I am seriously wondering if it is really such a slow news day that they have to send people outside to film for the news to tell us that it is in fact cold as if we are unable to tell for ourselves. I swear all day I have been waiting for Ollie Williams from Family Guy to come on the air and say "ITS COLD!"

Just had another about the news. Was idly watching the news and they started reporting on binge drinking being an unspoken issue, especially between people and their doctors. They defined Binge drinking as consuming four or more drinks for women and five or more drinks for men within 2-3 hours, but then stated the commonly used "A drink is defined as five ounces of wine, 12 ounces of beer, or 1.5 ounces of 80-proof distilled spirits or liquor." Is it just me or is this an generalization that 12 oz of beer is at the common BMC ABV of somewhere around 4-5%. I guess they do not consider craft beer to be beer as you can find craft beers in the 3-14% range easily. I know they want to make things easily on your average Joe, but they specify the proof of liquor, why not the ABV of beer?

Just had another about the news. Was idly watching the news and they started reporting on binge drinking being an unspoken issue, especially between people and their doctors. They defined Binge drinking as consuming four or more drinks for women and five or more drinks for men within 2-3 hours, but then stated the commonly used "A drink is defined as five ounces of wine, 12 ounces of beer, or 1.5 ounces of 80-proof distilled spirits or liquor." Is it just me or is this an generalization that 12 oz of beer is at the common BMC ABV of somewhere around 4-5%. I guess they do not consider craft beer to be beer as you can find craft beers in the 3-14% range easily. I know they want to make things easily on your average Joe, but they specify the proof of liquor, why not the ABV of beer?

You make a good point and I'm sure you know the answer to that too. "Beer", as it is defined by 95%+ of all people, are beers made by InBev. Most usually always refering to the brands you find stocked in any quick-mart in the nation.

I always wondered what my head would look like shaved, I have crazy thick curly/wavy hair and I wonder if my bald head would be wavy or just normal. Feeling my head, it seems like it's lumpy.

If olive oil is made from olives and peanut oil is made from peanuts, what is baby oil made of?

In a similar vein...dog food is food for dogs, fish food is food for fish, etc. Therefore, that crap in the dairy section labeled "cheese food" must be what cheese eats. Scary.

The other crap in the dairy section labeled "processed cheese food" is even scarier...think of what the dog food looks like after the dog has eaten and processed it.

While I am only buzzed, so I dunno if this can be considered a drunken thought, I am seriously wondering if it is really such a slow news day that they have to send people outside to film for the news to tell us that it is in fact cold as if we are unable to tell for ourselves. I swear all day I have been waiting for Ollie Williams from Family Guy to come on the air and say "ITS COLD!"

Eyewitness weather: Right now it is cold! And dark! Darkness will last until morning.

One of our local stations will send a reporter to a random freeway location to report on a traffic accident that happened somewhere else and has already been cleaned up.

Eyewitness weather: Right now it is cold! And dark! Darkness will last until morning.

One of our local stations will send a reporter to a random freeway location to report on a traffic accident that happened somewhere else and has already been cleaned up.

Don't forget the obligatory cup of ice that just 10 minutes ago used to be water or the frozen shirt or other "prop" to show that it is in fact, cold.

I am amused by the reports today that, since they reported people throwing boiling water in the air and it immediately becoming ice dust, people are scalding themselves trying it. Brilliant!

We usually get the frozen shirt.

I accidentally did that with my McD's apron when I was 16. Left it in my car overnight after a 6 hour shift of washing dishes.

I just remembered another station used to have "the weather porch". They would do the whole weather report outside. I only tuned in when it was both windy and snowing like mad.

Not drunk, but its a deep thought I am thinking right now.

If you were to put double the amount of green food coloring in a stout that people put in BMC beers to dye them green. Would it stain the drinkers mouth green without their knowledge or would it make it more of a baby poo brownish green? Is it morally ethical to try out on a somewhat friend?

I always wondered what my head would look like shaved, I have crazy thick curly/wavy hair and I wonder if my bald head would be wavy or just normal. Feeling my head, it seems like it's lumpy.

It would look like Billy Klubb's shaved balls.

Why doesn't the cow have it's own name? A cow is a female: cow moose, cow elk, etc...
A male is a bull: bull moose, bull elk, etc...
A juvenile is a calf: moose calf, elk calf, etc...
But when it comes to beef cattle, they're just called "cows," be they male, female or juvenile. The only exception would be the steer, who has a whole 'nother problem.
Regards, GF.

Back