Declaration 3/30 : Misquote Ben Franklin Day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Upon the wall sat 99 bottles of beer. I took one down and passed it around. Alas, there are now 98 bottles of beer on the wall."

"An airlock, whose measured result is infallible, has yet to be discovered; in hydrometer we trust." - B.F.

"Here's to being single, seeing double, and sleeping triple." - B.F.

It's not March 30 yet, but apparently Franklin did say this :

kool-aid-man-comic-book.jpg

Early to bed, and early to rise doesn't give me a hell of a lot of time for a homestead draughte.

I can't believe I missed this. Especially since I invented it!

"One who comes to be purified is helped. One who rinses with water after that is helpless. "

"If there's one thing about the Constitutional Convention I regret, it is not pushing harder to get the turkey named National Bird. Oh yeah, and also not taking a shot at the bar-wench at 'ole Willie's tavern down by the river. Tommy Jefferson nailed it, oh well." - Ben Franklin, 1788.

Can I throw in a JFK quote?

"Ask not what your country can brew for you; ask what you can brew for your country"
- JFK

"Any society that would drink up a little beer in order to gain a little sex with a strange, young woman, will get drunk and strike out."- Ben Franklin

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by mashing, which is noblest; Second, by drinking, which is easiest; and third by boiling with hops, which is the bitterest. - Confucious

Behold the rain which descends from heaven upon our vegetables, from there it enters the belly of the swine, to be changed into bacon, a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy.

- B. Franklin

"A slip of the foot you may soon recover, but a slip of the carboy you may never get over." - Ben Franklin

"Dual-party system? More like Dual-winning! We win in the house of Representatives. We win in the Senate." - Benjamin Franklin

Do not impose on others what you yourself do not desire... In bed!

-Confucious

EDIT: ooops, sorry. I got quotes and the fortune cookie game mixed up...

"And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth, then God gazed upon the Earth and proclaimed, "Holy Crap, is that Chuck Norris?!"

- B. Franklin

"As we must account for every sober evening, so must we account for every empty carboy."

Barney Frank...wait I mean Ben Franklin

"The Declaration of Independence would be a wholly more legible document had I not spilt my beer upon it at the signing." Benjamin Franklin

"He who can have patience, and allow the ferment to proceed undisturbed in accordance with providence, can have what he will. He who troubles his mind with visions of calamity, when the very nature of his undertaking tends toward happiness, should relax, not worry, and have a flagon of ale."

— Ben Franklin

"We were so s-faced at the Signing party that John passed out and we signed his name as HANCOCK !!"
-- all about the Benny's

Back