Day 18 of bottle conditioning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srl135

Reaction score
Not sure if wheat beers condition quicker, but this one has come along quite well. Its true.. i got impatient. But with another batch to keg this weekend, i got tired of waiting and was pleasantly surprised... plus i called it experimenting so it was justified LOL

This is my very first brew; an Amber Wheat (all extract) that came out to 4.7%. Taste is good, but then again, cant say I have had another Amber Wheat so it doesnt have much of a benchmark LOL.

Gotta say.. its a lot easier to be patient with the second batch when i actually can RDWHAHB.

Anyways, kinda wanted to show off the results this far.

Thanks for looking :drunk:

Day18.jpg

here it was a day 11 - Come a ways
2011-02-01202105.jpg

Oh by the way.. Day 11 bottle was an unfilled bottle, that was the day i learned they are prone to bombing so it was sacrificed

amber wheat. Thats sounds good, like a mix of my first two brews.Not shure if my amber is actually a pale but im down to my last one and am about to drink it tonight.Oh well at least now i can brew it again, only now i can make it waaaay better this time.
that is making me thirsty.18 days is a pretty good wait, i check one after two weeks almost always. Can you describe the taste of this one.Well im shure it may be different better beer in a few more weeks/month.So in a way its kind of like having differnt beers of the same one.As the weeks go by.

amber wheat. Thats sounds good, like a mix of my first two brews.Not shure if my amber is actually a pale but im down to my last one and am about to drink it tonight.Oh well at least now i can brew it again, only now i can make it waaaay better this time.
that is making me thirsty.18 days is a pretty good wait, i check one after two weeks almost always. Can you describe the taste of this one.Well im shure it may be different better beer in a few more weeks/month.So in a way its kind of like having differnt beers of the same one.As the weeks go by.

Thanks man, it is really good.. Lets see how i can do at describing the beer. It is so in depth on this site so i hope i can do it a little justice. The beer definately has the fuity hefe-trait with high carbonation levels that is expected from a wheat beer, very full flavored with the common amber flavors that you find with other amber beers. The combo of the two is unique because it has the full flavor that you get from beers that you dont typically spend a night drinking but goes down much smoother. If i think of a better description i will make sure to write it down! lol Hopefully that helps.. at least a little

Back