Das Boot!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SowegaBrews

Reaction score
Who's got one? I want to order one of each size(2L, 1L, and .5L), but there's tons of websites that sell them and none of them really look that legit.

So shpeall zeee beans, where'd joo get das boot?

I have a cheap one. it looks to be like 2 liters. that's alot of beer. I don't remember where my wife bought it, but it was like ten bucks. just a plain boot, nothing written on it. big ugly seam on each side, so i'm not too worried if it gets broken.

I've got a 2L one. Got it on CL for $20. A guy got it as a gift for his groomsman and forgot that one of them doesn't drink so a 2L glass wouldn't make much sense. Its a really beautiful one like this: http://www.pubglasses.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PG&Product_Code=5673&Category_Code=BEERMUGS I've never actually used as I'm way to afraid to handle it after drinking 2L of homebrew. It just sits pretty upon my collection of beer glasses I've accumulated.

I know there are several good beer glass websites out there. I think any of them where the 2L size is around $60 or so should be a hand blown, high quality piece. There are cheaper pressed boots out there which are tougher, but not works of art and just look cheap.

I've got a real yard glass(really 3ft tall) and I also refuse to actually drink from it. I cannot drink that much beer.

I got a couple of cheap 2 liter ones I got as gifts and then I have a real one that is .5L with a bravarian crest of some sort... I like to bust the that one out every once and a while but not so much the 2 liter ones as that can be alittle much.... but hell they look nice

There used to be a couple of German import stores in the neighborhood that I grew up in that I bought boots from. I have a 2L DAB boot, a 1L boot (I can't remember what label is on it), and I even have a boot shot glass.

I've got a real yard glass(really 3ft tall) and I also refuse to actually drink from it. I cannot drink that much beer.

I drink out of mine when I have friends over, makes for good times :rockin:

I'd like to have a 1 liter boot, seems just big enough to be obnoxious but small enough to actually be useful

I got one at an Oktoberfest last weekend actually. It is 1L

das_boot1.bmp

I got the collectors edition DVD with German Speech and English Subtitles. The ONLY way to watch it ! Thinking about looking for the Blueray...

Das boot? Who has a boat? What does that have to do with beer?

http://www.bierboothaus.com/category/beerboot.about.about_beer_boots/

"Why are beer boots called Das Boot?

"The term Das Boot refers to a 2 liter beer boot as was coined during the 2006 film Beerfest. Beerfest, by the broken lizard crew, is a beer-themed comedy revolving around a secret beer Olympics at Oktoberfest in Germany. After an embarrassing defeat, brothers Todd and Jan Wolfhouse assemble a ragtag dream team of beer drinkers and return the following year, beating the Germans in the 2 liter beer boot 'das boot' competition and clinching the title.
Beerfest generated awareness and popularized the 2 liter beer boot making 'Das Boot' a must have among consumers.

"Isn’t Das Boot also an older movie about a submarine?
Yes, Das Boot which is German for “the boat” is also a 1981 feature film directed by Wolfgang Petersen about WWII, men at war, and German submarines. "

Latest posts

Back