Darn it, lid not on right...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djonesax

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Lol... I have been watching my fresh product for the past day wondering when it was going to start bubbling. I finally after 30 hours decided to check the lid and of course the lid was not on right because one of the speidel lid tabs, had gotten folded under keeping it from sealing. Well, I'm not going to be a worry "wort" over it but man I wish I had checked the seal yesterday... As soon as I fixed the seal it started bubbling away instantly. I'm sure there was enough positive pressure in there to keep any nasties out though.

David

While I've not personally done it, I have a buddy that doesn't even use an airlock for his primary fermentation. He just uses a loose bucket lid. He's been home brewing for years and said he's never had a problem. I think you'll be just fine.

You will be fine.. I use the Brewcraft 30l/8 gallon bucket and never get any airlock activity due to the lid's poor seal but have made plenty of yummy beer with it.:mug:

Plus these forgot to put the lid on it too.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xClXKMhcFr0[/ame]

Back