Dark Lord Day 2011

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlphaKing11

Reaction score
I contacted Lincoln Anderson at 3 Floyd's about DLD 2001 and this what he said."We haven't finalized anything but should have some info on darklordday.com in the next week or so. That's the best I can give you right now." So I will be keeping watch to see if ticket sales start soon. If anyone has any other news please post it.

Not much to add except tickets usually go on sale on St. Patrick's Day. I think this is a couple months early...but glad to hear people are already thinking about DLD 2011. Can't wait for it.

I see 3 floyd's finally updated the DLD page at their site. They will have DLD on April 30th!!! They said they will be posting ticket info soon....

I might have to try for tickets this year. I haven't been to 3 Floyd's since 2007. Before tickets were needed. I still have a few bottles of Dark Lord from 2006 and 2007. If I can't make it this year at least I can crack a few bottles open April 30th and see how they have aged.:)

2006 and 2007 huh.....you lucky mother. I have never been, so its do or die this year. I am only 3 hrs away.

Looking forward to DLD! We need a way to meet up or something. Perhaps we should make an email list, that we can send our cell phone numbers to whoever will be there (I wouldn't want to post a phone number on the web)

I might have to try for tickets this year. I haven't been to 3 Floyd's since 2007. Before tickets were needed. I still have a few bottles of Dark Lord from 2006 and 2007. If I can't make it this year at least I can crack a few bottles open April 30th and see how they have aged.:)

Just one of those bottles would probably pay for your 2011 Dark Lord bottles. Wait til closer to April 30th and check the Craigslist pricing on them.

Looking forward to DLD! We need a way to meet up or something. Perhaps we should make an email list, that we can send our cell phone numbers to whoever will be there (I wouldn't want to post a phone number on the web)

Going to try to get tickets as well. I would like to meet up with some folks from here. I went last year with some guys from a cigar forum, but I got no interest from them in going this year.

Ok, I have to say it...is it really THAT good? What makes an imperial stout so good you will buy tickets to stand in line for it? I can go buy Victory Storm King any time I want, and that is an effing good imperial stout, too...

Ok, I have to say it...is it really THAT good? What makes an imperial stout so good you will buy tickets to stand in line for it? I can go buy Victory Storm King any time I want, and that is an effing good imperial stout, too...

The beer really is good, but you stand in line for the activity. Look at some of the pictures. I've not made it, but it looks like a fun day. People in line bring beer and homebrew and do swaps and just hang out. Plus they have different beers on tap specially for that day. I really thought we'd get to go this year, but my wife will likely be pregnant yet again during DLD.

And I had a victory storm king 2 nights ago. No, that is not a RIS. Yes the bottle says so, but drink a beer like Dark Lord. It makes the storm king look like bud light IMO.

Although the beer is good it's more about the camaraderie among the fellow beer enthusiasts that makes it a special event.
A new twist this year. You will need a ticket just to attend or you can't even go and there will be three different time slots when you can get your beer. I suppose they are trying to avoid the chaos of years past.
One thing that bothers me is they say the police will be enforcing a no loitering policy within the industrial park. I hope that doesn't mean you have to get your beer and leave. I guess we'll need for the rest of the details to be released.

I will be going! I went the last 2 years and it was a blast! I got to try so much great beer, and the people are great! Hope to see you all there.

Just got my tickets!

5540013453_0d7c6d1b18_z.jpg

Congrats to all u lucky bastards out there. Got through around the 6 minute mark and it was sold out. Wow!

I can't believe how quickly they sold. I logged in right at 1, and Groups A and B were already sold out. Snagged some of the Group C tickets though, I'm stoked.

Let me be the first, but most likely not the last, to beg for a single ticket. Many thanks, homebrews, and general good karma will be heaped on anyone willing to part with a single ticket.

Out of 4 computers I got two for my friend and I. I'm sure they will be on stub hub and the like just like a popular music concert for an exorbitant amount of money. It's what happens when demand far outnumbers supply. The annoying part is I fear many of them were bought up just to make a buck off the real beer enthusiasts that truly deserve the tickets.

Out of 5 of us who tried we got 2 tix.

That was crazy fast. I blame my slow laptop.

I had my PC plus two computers I remoted in to and tried to get tickets. Luckily I got two, unfortunately none of my friends got tickets so I'm still looking for 1 more. That went so fast...

Too far away to go myself, luckily I have friends who will go with the tickets I got and ship me the Dark Lord!

Sorry to troll the boards... I've been a frequent visitor, but first time poster... Getting back into brewing recently. With that being said... Does anyone have an extra ticket for a fellow beer-lover/home brewer? I have several items to trade and am willing to purchase... 08, 09, 10 dark lords available. Go ahead and flame away at me if you want, I deserve it!

Thanks!
Nick

Okay, so I have to ask...What is it that has made this Dark Lord Day so popular? Is it simply because the beer is really incredibly good or is it something else? I think its a really cool idea and I especially like the dark lord theme and all the awesome artwork surrounding it. I'm really in to metal so I can understand the attraction to a beer called dark lord and going to an event where there's heavy metal and beer. But, what I don't understand is why people are willing to drive from hours away and stand in lines that long for just a couple bottles of beer and some music? Is it really that good?
Sorry for the stupid questions, I'm sure I just made myself look stupid by asking.

Okay, so I have to ask...What is it that has made this Dark Lord Day so popular? Is it simply because the beer is really incredibly good or is it something else? I think its a really cool idea and I especially like the dark lord theme and all the awesome artwork surrounding it. I'm really in to metal so I can understand the attraction to a beer called dark lord and going to an event where there's heavy metal and beer. But, what I don't understand is why people are willing to drive from hours away and stand in lines that long for just a couple bottles of beer and some music? Is it really that good?
Sorry for the stupid questions, I'm sure I just made myself look stupid by asking.

It's a combination of many things:

1.) People crave what is rare or difficult to obtain irregardless of quality. Darklord is good. But in my opinion it's not worth the headache and panic attacks that people go through to get it. Nothing is.

2.) A lot of people just enjoy big gatherings like this. It's a chance to network, make friends, and trade ideas/beer. Humans are social creatures. :tank:

3.) Bragging rights that "You've been there, done that."

4.) Three Floyds really is a cool brewpub and worth a visit if you're ever within a 500 mile radius.

But in my opinion it's much more enjoyable when you can actually sit in the pub, drink some beers off of their fantastic list, and enjoy their *really* good food. I really can't stress how awesome it is to drink a Hitachino White, stuff your face with some of the best mussels this side of the Atlantic, while watching kung-fu movies on a projector screen.

To each their own. That's my take on it.

So..... Now that everyone has gotten their ration of Dark Lord, is anyone interested in a trade for a 2010 bottle of Surly Darkness?

Back