Dang!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louderthanu

Reaction score
I was rushing around kegging my beer and im not sure if I poured out the stars an when I began filling my keg did I F'up big time?

The water was clean it was not reused starsan and it was a very small amount.:cross:

Banana Bread

banana bread.jpg

Altho I can not make the connection between Starsan in your beer and banana bread, I would not think that a little bit of sanitizer in the keg should not give any off flavors or health issues, provided the ratio it was mixed at was per directions and that is was not a large volume. Either way it is too late now to worry about.

O.K I have let her cool down for a few HRS and force carbed it tastes fine a little under carbed but fine re adjusting now.

no problems at all, i left 1oz of undiluted starsan in a keg once and filled. Sent an email to five star chemicals and the chemist told me everything is ok, and i had no off flavors in my beer

The Star San will form a thin layer at the top in your keg. Not a problem. Taste your Star San solution. It really does taste like nothing.

Yeah after the first few pulls this tastes very different I think the top was diluted due to the water and Starsan.

Latest posts

Back