Danby kegarator convertion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carloscede2

Reaction score
I am trying to switch from bottling to kegging and for that a bought two used kegs and the danby kegerator. Its been a nightmare to clean those kegs and I still havent been able to remove all the parts, but I guess I can figure that out later.

My main concern is that I dont know what extra things I should buy for the kegarator. It comes with a bunch of little pieces and I know that commercial kegs do not work the same as the homebrewing ones.

What else should I buy in order to have my kegarator working for two kegs?

And what from that danby kegarator am I able to use?

Thanks for taking the time to look at this issue.

You need gas and beer line disconnects that will fit your kegs (ball lock or pin lock) and the plastic tubes that came with your kegerator. There are several threads about kegerator builds with that fridge. Check the relevant forum section, also look on the sites of keg suppliers, there will be instructions, maybe videos.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BWMS1WI/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

I bought this and converted the tap so I could use ball lock connections for my kegs but still be able to do a full keg if I wanted to.

You'll want a gas manifold that splits off into two lines for the kegs you have. I attached mine with 3m adhesive Velcro. The hard plastic stuff that comes in packs of 2 strips. No drilling or worries of hitting anything that could ruin your new kegerator. I mounted mine on the left side towards the front.

You'll also want a two tap tower and some Perlick tap handles.

You could add a temperature controller if you wanted to get fancy but that wouldn't do anything that adjusting the dial wouldn't do.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back