Danby DKC146SLDB Bar Top Mount?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi there,
I am a representative of Danby. We do not recommend building this unit into cabinetry as the cooling system breaths through the back. Building it in will limit the air flow around the unit and cause the compressor to chock. This will also void your manufacturers warranty.

If you have any other questions please contact our customer service line at 1-800-263-2629

Cheers! :mug:

I was also looking to buy this unit at costco for $369. Do you know how many corny kegs will fit in it. I see 3 fit in the 5.8 cu. however this one is only 5.2cu.

I was also looking to buy this unit at costco for $369. Do you know how many corny kegs will fit in it. I see 3 fit in the 5.8 cu. however this one is only 5.2cu.

I bought that unit, it looks to me like it will only fit two pin lock corny kegs. I only have one for the time being - two would fit easily but I don't possibly see how I could squeeze three in there.

I own this unit. You can put three in, but you will have to cut the slots for the shelving out. It took me about 45 minutes with my dremel tool, then I put tape over the cut out parts to keep it from getting scratched. Three fit now, its a little tight, but it works. It looks great with my triple tap tower too!

JoshuaW - can you post pics of the inside where you took out the shelving slots? I'm tempted to pick one up as well, but don't have access to a dremmel and wondering how else I can narrow it down to fit three.

Would love to see the tap tower you have as well...

Could this unit be used for fermenting also--what's the range of the internal thermostat?

I bought the Danby 3.6 cubic foot freezer--now I am seeing this and by the time I add the hardware to make it a keezer, I might as well have bought this unit instead.

Wow! A Danby Rep!

Now if only they could fix their damn digital temperature controllers on their keggerators. Seriously a POS. Everyone puts STC's on them. Danby might as well too...

Latest posts

Back