Damp rid

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruinpilot

Reaction score
I just started getting a little condensation in my fermentation chamber. I put some fragrance free damprid in the bottom of it. Does any one know if there are any safety issues with this stuff? Can it effect the beer? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Your fine putting it in your chest freezer as long as it's not mixed with your wort or something all it's doing is sitting next to the carboy.

I use that in my freezer... FYI you might look at the dollar tree if there is one near you they sell a cheap knock off that works just as well:mug:

Damp Rid is good, you could also try an Eva Dry -- it works exactly the same but it lasts forever, when it gets wet it changes color and you just plug it in for a while to dry it out.

Awesome. I got he damprid in there right now. I had a lot of condensation running down the walls of the chest freezer! I will look into the eva dry when my damprid runs out. Thanks!

The eva-dry works great. I have one in my keezer and this thread reminded me to go plug it in because it's been a while.

Back