damn "stuck" ferment!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bracconiere

Jolly Alcoholic - In Remembrance 2023
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
so i brewed a porter on the 8th...4 days of active fermentation, but the SOB is only down to 1.004-6! i'm drinking cider, but want some beer for the vitamins. anyone know if i should try an experiment, and strap a vibrator to the fermenter to "excite" the yeast and get it done quicker? at this rate probably be ready to cold crash for carbing until day after tommorrow!

Yeast type? Fermentation temps? Brewing beer or cider? If cider de-gas the fermentation and feed with nutrients.

i'm using premiere blanc wine yeast, i pitched a gravy spoonful for the pitch...it's a porter beer..i added gluco amylase, and this is joking question. just trying to have some fun, and maybe discover something new in the process ;)

(please tell me i haven't gone over my million yet? i save them for serious issues like these! :mug:)

edit: oh i just shot my IR therm at the side it's sitting at 69f right now....i'm wondering if i throw in my fridge it would finsh fermenting about when it's cold enough to burst carb...hmmmm...

and as far as the wine yeast goes, yeah...it's a bit watery....but after repitching the yeast cake about a dozen times, it starts tasting more like ale yeast....

and as far as the wine yeast goes, yeah...it's a bit watery....but after repitching the yeast cake about a dozen times, it starts tasting more like ale yeast....

Please realize, unless having a yeast lab to control yeast, the yeast will mutate with each pitch.

Wow, 12 times! I do 5 repitches and then the yeast cake goes into the vegetable garden.

I also cold crash and fine with plain gelatin, transfer to the keg, hit with 30 psi, bleed O2, hit again with 30 psi, check for leaks, put into keezer on 30 psi for 24 hours.

Friends always accuse me of passing craft beer for my own due to the clarity of the pour in their glass.

yeah today i checked it again. it was the same, so i threw it in the mini fridge to get cold for burst carbing. that 1.004 is going to put a pound on me, but oh well, can't win them all! :mug: (just normally with gluco it's a sure thing!)

Genuine question. Would yeast energizer not have worked or is this a yeast was probably tired and done type of thing?

i doubt it? with the grain bill the yeast were plenty fed. i'm thinking it could be something to do with the heavy black malt/roast barley recipe....maybe the winter temps, the gluco wasn't working as fast possibly?

to me i'm crying because it's going to only have ~19 grams a 12 oz pour, instead of ~21 of ethanol...and even a couple more calories....which means i gotta plan for an extra beer a day!

I have a genuine need to work out to break up my aggravating work day

i feel for you. i burn 2820 calories sitting on my ass. i got a job weed eating for 2 hours a week knocked it up to 2950...i weigh myself every morning and wright down everything i eat by weight. and can calculate my BMR with time, and the scale....better then excersice...if i can keep drinking under control. i only need 1,400 calories to eat flawlessly....

I'm guessing that "1544%" isn't something you'd find in a dietician's handbook...

General (81%)
===========================================
Energy | 2996.9 kcal 115%
Protein | 61.9 g 77%
Carbs | 142.5 g 79%
Fiber | 14.9 g 39%
Fat | 44.7 g 75%
Alcohol | 274.8 g 1544%
Water | 5161.3 g 139%

The way I see it, you are or will be a well preserved specimen...

Cheers! :D

I'm guessing that "1544%" isn't something you'd find in a dietician's handbook...

General (81%)
===========================================
Energy | 2996.9 kcal 115%
Protein | 61.9 g 77%
Carbs | 142.5 g 79%
Fiber | 14.9 g 39%
Fat | 44.7 g 75%
Alcohol | 274.8 g 1544%
Water | 5161.3 g 139%

The way I see it, you are or will be a well preserved specimen...

Cheers! :D

that was my custom target setting! recntly it has been a bit much (7 years)...but i set the daily value for a beer and a half, at least one, but should have more! :mug:

So, you're lying to your software? Haven't you been claiming you kill a keg of hooch a week?

Cheers! (No judgement - whatever floats your kidneys ;))

as you can tell i'm honest with my software, and it's honest with me....it tells me every day, dude. you need a job! you're barley hanging in there!

Nice touch :D

Cheers!

i think when my stupid RGB ram was going like crazy when i calculated that report....was evidence enough....and honestly i prefer to get 150% of all my amino acids, enough for health but so much i get gout...kinda just a passing grade on that....

Back