Dammit! 12 gallons down the drain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeantownR6

Reaction score
my immersion chiller sprung a leak as i was cooling my beer, there was a kink in the copper tube and it cracked! beer was down to 90 degrees and it filled up 3 gallons of water in my 12 gallon batch! ****ing sucks i dumped it. no telling what nasty stuff is in my garden hose and wort chiller.

4 years of brewing and never lost a big batch like this. all that work ****ing sucks!

I would have fired it back up again and boiled that SOB down to my intended volume and went ahead and let it ferment. It might have turned out terrible but you never know!

Sorry to hear you through it out... I agree with Moorerm04, should have fired it back up...

moorerm04 said:
I would have fired it back up again and boiled that SOB down to my intended volume and went ahead and let it ferment. It might have turned out terrible but you never know!

That would be a 3 hour boil for me... I guess that would give him time to pick up more hops at the hbs for some late additions. May have turned out better with a crazy schedule like that

Back