Cutting the door insert on the sanyo 4912

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishslayer

Reaction score
I have a sanyo 4912 that I have been using one keg in for a long time, but I want to put 2 in there now. I think if i cut the door mold off that holds cans and stuff I can gain 2 inches in the fridge.

Anyone do this and notice a temp impact? Is there a significant insulation factor of teh airspace that exists between it and the foam in the door itself?

--Brian

If concerned, you can always add another thin sheet of foam, as much as space permits.

Can you not unscrew said insert from the door, or is it glued on?

Most times the screws are under the seal, and if you take it off intact, you can put it back later, if needed.

Or throw it away intact................:goat:

The screws are under the seal. My wife said that it is never going to be used as a fridge again, so she said why not just run a blade around it and trash it.

I did build a small shelf today and put the 5# on that and the 2 do fit now.... with NO room to spare at all. :)

I may not bother at all.

--Brian

If you cut just the plastic there should be no temp problems. just make sure you don't lose to mush insulation.

Back