Cured pork tenderloin

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corkybstewart

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
We're going to the neighbors for aperitif, a quaint French custom originally designed to have a pre-meal snack and separate the dinner guests from the "come by for a drink" guests. The salami is made by a local sausage maker and it's excellent. The tenderloin is eaten with a chunk of cantaloupe.
Aperitif can be very simple like tonight or a complicated almost competitive multi hour feast.

Attachments

• 20220813_183313.jpg
    20220813_183313.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220813_183548.jpg
    20220813_183548.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
France vs Silver City. Never been to France, but decades ago I lived in Silver. About a year later we moved to Deming, where I lived for many years. Has to be a HUGE cultural difference. Not even the same universe, much less galaxy.

France vs Silver City. Never been to France, but decades ago I lived in Silver. About a year later we moved to Deming, where I lived for many years. Has to be a HUGE cultural difference. Not even the same universe, much less galaxy.
In Silver City we live 14 miles from town, at the end of a dirt road, almost adjacent to the Gila NF. Nearest neighbors are 1/2 mile away. In France we live in a village of about 30 people, 8 of whom are family members, and within 3 miles there are 5 other siblings who will just stop by randomly for hours. That's the downside for me-I love my French family but I need time off from them so we try to travel as much as possible. We had 3 of these aperitif/dinners here this past week, 2 of them unplanned when family members stopped to have a cup of coffee and stayed to eat-the neighbors saw this and came by as well. It's never an issue of us feeding them, once an aperitif is proposed, people scatter to go retrieve food and wine from their houses, which gives my wife time to create something novel to give them. And since we are all retired, nobody seems to have any reason to go home before 1 AM.

Latest posts

Back