critique my logo please

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

storytyme

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have had a chance to get my brewing logo dialed in. My first 50+ batches I was all over the place with labels and logos and many never even got a label. I searched the internet for ideas and decided to go with clean simple design that will catch the eye. My last name is Story to help explain the name. I also attached a few labels as well. Let me know your thoughts. It is much appreciated.

p.s. If there is a thread already dedicated to this please let me know and steer me in the right direction.

logo pic.jpg[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Attachments

• three tree pic.jpg
    three tree pic.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 336
  • krymsk eighty six pic.jpg
    krymsk eighty six pic.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 334
  • sittin in the corner pic.jpg
    sittin in the corner pic.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 326
Looks good - I prefer the logo with the Hop. The one with the barley reminds me of a bakery.

*Your mileage may vary. This represents the opinion of one person only and is worth what you paid for it. Void where prohibited.

I like 'em. I would be tempted to use the barley logo for malty beers and the hop logo for hoppy beers. If I had to chose between the two, I'd go hop as well.

I like 'em. I would be tempted to use the barley logo for malty beers and the hop logo for hoppy beers. If I had to chose between the two, I'd go hop as well.

That is funny that you said that. That was my vision on which one to use. The labels I attached shows that my Pale Ale I used the hop, but my Pilsner is the barley. My next batch is going to be an arrogant bastard clone so I could go either way (probably barley)

Thanks for the feedback

Anyone else?

Or tell me how I can post the logos as soon as you click on this thread. I know clicking on the attachments is annoying.

Thanks.

Anyone else?

Or tell me how I can post the logos as soon as you click on this thread. I know clicking on the attachments is annoying.

Thanks.

I don't know if this feature is just for supporting members, but just above where I'm typing this in the reply window is a paperclip icon next to a smiley face. That paperclip icon is for attaching pics--you click the paperclip and a window opens up that lets you choose files to upload.

Then, once you upload them (expand the window if you can't see the upload button), you click the little down arrow next to the paperclip icon and you can choose which ones to add and where, or add all of them. Make sure the cursor is where you want them added before you drop them in. Here's an example:

nowwewait.jpg

Thanks for the tip. I have done it with pictures before but it doesn't seem to work with a document for some reason.

Thanks for the tip. I have done it with pictures before but it doesn't seem to work with a document for some reason.

If you're using MS windows search for the "snipping tool", bring up the pdf and start "snipping tool" and then you can capture whatever area of the screen you want as a picture file.:mug:

If you're using MS windows search for the "snipping tool", bring up the pdf and start "snipping tool" and then you can capture whatever area of the screen you want as a picture file.:mug:

Thanks for the tips. Using a Mac so I just took a screen shot. Hopefully this will be easier to view for people.

Looking for more positive but more importantly negative feedback so I can improve anything on it.

Thanks

What's the connection with TYME? Rather than Storytime Brewing?
Are all your beers specially spiced?

Logos look nice. Graphics have a cohesive look which is hard to do sometimes.

Ha. Ya, ya. but when I see the 'Y' my head goes to to the spice rack. Maybe I'm the only one, but with misspelled words, the hook isn't obvious to me why it would not be TIME.

Also, to be clear, I'm not criticizing, just asking. :) The important part, the graphics, look great.

Ha. Ya, ya. but when I see the 'Y' my head goes to to the spice rack. Maybe I'm the only one, but with misspelled words, the hook isn't obvious to me why it would not be TIME.

Also, to be clear, I'm not criticizing, just asking. :) The important part, the graphics, look great.

Thanks for the feedback. All my friends call me story time as my last name is Story, and I once had a license plate where I spelled time "tyme" and i just kind of stuck. Figured it makes people talk about it and if they are talking about it that is good thing......

thanks for the thoughts....much appreciated

Join, or die. The famous Ben Franklin editorial cartoon -- a favorite. Not sure what it has do to with the War of 1812 because it preceded it by quite a few years. But, nice design.

Franklins cartoon has nothing to do with the war of 1812. The war of 1812, the Brits burned Washington, really it was in 1814. I made a Smoked American pale ale, and named it the war of 1812. Smoked beer.... Washington burning.

Correct. Franklin's cartoon had nothing to do with the war of 1812. That's settled.

Latest posts

Back