Creating a Judged Homebrew fundraiser???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JasonTerry

Reaction score
Morning,

A light bulb went off during a conversation with a local caterer. I was picking up bottles from her, and in talking about home brewing we came up with an idea for a fundraiser.

A Best Home Brew fundraiser.
Name still to be determined but we have the facility, the experience putting on many different fundraisers/events, we have a great charity (benefits the kiddos)…

So does anyone have experience with these kinds of shows/events? Both putting them on and attending?

I am most curious with legalities. The hall does have a liquor license.

This is all in the inception phase so I am very open to every kind of advice.
What kind of prize befits the winners?
How many categories?

Thanks for all your help.

Thanks man. This could be a hell of a lot of fun to produce and attend. And its for the kiddos.

So far as I know, the typical $3-$5 entry fees for most homebrew competitions usually barely cover the costs of running the competition. So, you'd need to make the fees substantially larger in order to actually raise funds.

Or, would your idea be to have the brewers give away their beer, and the attendees donate?

Latest posts

Back