Cream Ale Yeast extract kit recommendation please

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DublinOhioBrewer

Reaction score
Howdy brew crew,

I purchased a cream ale extract kit from more beer.com and it doesn't come with yeast. I'm wondering if anyone has a suggestion for what yeast I should use with this. I have attached the recipe card so you can see the ingredients.

Attachments

• KIT728 - Cream Ale by Erik Beer (1).pdf
    337.2 KB · Views: 37
Bear in mind that this is only my second batch, and hopefully my first successful one. I've never used active yeast or wet/reconstituted/rehydrated yeast, so a dry yeast that I can get at my LHBS would probably be best unless you can advise me on how to best use it LOL

What i REALLY love is how the extract comes in a damn bag like this (sarcasm). How the heck do i get THAT out?

Attachments

• 1515189111359187466623.jpg
    1515189111359187466623.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 68
What i REALLY love is how the extract comes in a damn bag like this (sarcasm). How the heck do i get THAT out?

The bags are tricky... I've just been able to hold it over my pot and slowly pour it into the wort and stir at the same time. Once it gets more manageable I take my spoon and scoop in some hot wort and scrape the sides as best I can. The 9lbs suck!

US-05 is pretty standard for a cream ale. Just don't ferment it too warm - try to keep it around 60-70F, with the middle of that range being optimal.

Flaked corn as steeping grain is pretty typical for a cream ale. Just follow the instructions and you'll be good..

Latest posts

Back