Craigslist deal, dare I?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can get used ball lock kegs for around $35 at Homebrew Heaven, and all you need in addition are the appropriate ball lock couplers ($4 - $8 depending on the source), a tap, and a CO2 bottle/regulator from your local welding / gas shop. Still, $120 is a pretty sweet deal since the CO2 bottle and regulator are included!

Klain,

The post has been deleted by the author! Did you get it? It was a great deal! That's exactly how I got my keg setup. 3 kegs, CO2 canister, regulator, all hoses for $100.

I hope you were the one who got it!

NOOOOO!!!!!! He emailed me while i was on my way to let me know someone picked it up. Verdammt! But that's ok, just means someone else out there is picking up homebrew which I am completely ok with. Still need to get a keg system though, grrr. :mad:

While on the subject, what is the exact height needed for a corney with connectors inside of a fridge. I have a mini and sure hope it'll work.

Rent a truck, why not? Might be worth a phone call to a rental place, see how much it would cost for half a day, still would likely be a damn good deal.

You've got friends, one of them must drive a truck, right? Might have to pay them off with a sixer, but damn - that's a deal.

the_bird said:
Rent a truck, why not? Might be worth a phone call to a rental place, see how much it would cost for half a day, still would likely be a damn good deal.

You've got friends, one of them must drive a truck, right? Might have to pay them off with a sixer, but damn - that's a deal.

I have friends, but not when I need something heavy moved. Apart from that, I live in the Illinois, we don't drive pick-up's in my 'hood. SUV's are the way we roll and no one will want to get theirs scratched up.

Cheesefood said:
I have friends, but not when I need something heavy moved. Apart from that, I live in the Illinois, we don't drive pick-up's in my 'hood. SUV's are the way we roll and no one will want to get theirs scratched up.

City slickers!

I won't roll any other way than in a truck! Ok, I drive my wife's SUV once in a while...but it's a real SUV...not one of those city-rolling-never-seen-dirt SUV's.

Crap, wish I had the time and desire to pick the one up that Cheesefood put up. Have truck, will travel for beer...but no time this week or weekend.

I drive an SUV, but I treat it like a pickup. Hundred of brick pavers, twenty-eight foot ladders, 12 foot decking, and a hundred pound dog - life is good. Honda Element, butt-ugly to most eyes but a sight to behold when it's carrying $500 worth of materials home from the Depot.

the_bird said:
I drive an SUV, but I treat it like a pickup. Hundred of brick pavers, twenty-eight foot ladders, 12 foot decking, and a hundred pound dog - life is good. Honda Element, butt-ugly to most eyes but a sight to behold when it's carrying $500 worth of materials home from the Depot.

I have a jeep that's never seen mud due to the lack of open land in Illinois (there is none). My wife has a Honda Pilot that I've scratched up on the side and am never allowed to drive.

I'm trading in the Jeep for a Honda Accord soon. Tired of poor mileage.

If you can live with a smaller car, we have a non-hybrid Civic that gets 38MPG. You don't strike me as the tree-hugger type, but it's also certified as an ultra low-emissions vehicle. Didn't realize it at the time, but still nice. Got a nice model and it was only like $15k or so new.

Cheesefood said:
I have a jeep that's never seen mud due to the lack of open land in Illinois (there is none). My wife has a Honda Pilot that I've scratched up on the side and am never allowed to drive.

I'm trading in the Jeep for a Honda Accord soon. Tired of poor mileage.

That's cause your in the wrong part of Illinois, go to God's country in central IL and you'll find plenty of land.

Don't give up on Craigslist. I troll them every day looking for deals on stuff. I once found a 6 and 5 gal carboy for FREE off of craigslist. I had to drive 30 miles each way, but it was sooo worth it. I gave her the Imperial Hellfire recipe and a bottle of it as a trade anyways.

I will definetly keep my eyes peeled because that's the second time i have seen something like that. I just wonder now if i can actually convert my minifridge into a kegerator. i dont think it's tall enough!

Klainmeister said:
I will definetly keep my eyes peeled because that's the second time i have seen something like that. I just wonder now if i can actually convert my minifridge into a kegerator. i dont think it's tall enough!
Whether or not your minifridge can be converted, next time jump on a deal like that:rockin::fro:

Cheesefood said:
... I'm trading in the Jeep for a Honda Accord soon. Tired of poor mileage.

You'll like it! Had my 2006 EX two months now and just love it.

olllllo said:
... If I had $100G laying around...

My company has done a very small amount of business with them. Their roadster wont be ready until at least this time next year and it may end up closer to $120K!

Rhoobarb said:
My company has done a very small amount of business with them. Their roadster wont be ready until at least this time next year and it may end up closer to $120K!

Not a problem.
By then my imaginary 100K will be worth 1000 times that given my imaginary investment portfolio.

I was really looking at the 2010 projection that might bring the car to 40k.

Back