Crabs....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not mine! The crab is just doing what comes natural to him, scavenging.
Then I suggest the next time you hear about a drowning in the bay you rush down and hang out for the divers to pull the body out of the water, could come up with a bushel in one pull. :mug:

Yea they are :( Unfortunately it takes everyone who lives in the watershed to actually start caring and its going to be a long time before that happens.

NJ Tomato, I forgot to comment, that recipe sounds awesome. I am def going to try that out this season. Speaking of tomatoes, another summer time classic I am craving is a tomato sandwich. They taste best when its a home grown tomato AND it goes from tomato plate to sandwich in under 10 minutes on a super hot day so that the tomato slices are still warm when you eat it. White bread, mayo, salt and pepper- Classic!!

Day 1. Catch crabs, steam all. usually eat 6 or 8.
Day 2. Pick the rest.
Day 3. Hollow out 2 large tomatoes from the garden. Put a small chunk of butter in the bottom of the tomato. Mix crab meat and just enough Hellmans mayo, and fill up tomato. sprinkle lightly with Old Bay, drizzle with olive oil, bake at 350 for about 15/20 mins. Serve along side of 2 ears of corn from the garden.

Best dinner ever.

I had to bump this old thread to say that recipe this looks absolutely heavenly, and mustard FTW.

Any of you Maryland folks have a recommendation for a great homebrew to go with some MD blue crab, or possibly a good local brew? I'm headed there with friends this fall (near Annapolis, I think), and want to brew up a good ale to wash down all the crab/seafood and Old Bay. Any recommendation would be appreciated (I posted this in the food pairing forum, but figured this might be a good spot as well).

Thanks.

Jim

Back