CP's Brew Chart 3.0 (bottle priming/kegging help)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CPooley4

Reaction score
Hello All,

Thought I would post this here as well - [ame]http://rapidshare.com/files/447608527/CP_s_Brew_Chart_3.0.xls[/ame] - updated

Many people have questions regarding bottle priming calculations and force carbing/line length calcuations around here. You'll find a nice calculator for both of those items with the most recent version of my Brew Chart, as well as, much more.

Hope you enjoy it.

cp

Awesome chart, but I can't get the line length to work for kegging. When I input tubing size it defaults to the date?

Make sure you are inputting it as a number and not a fraction and it should work. For example, 3/16 tubing would be .1875.

Let me know if you have any other issues.

cp

Thanks.. however when I plug numbers in, I now get a negative number for line length.
I'm at work.. so I don't have the actual numbers, I'm just playing around.

Thanks.. however when I plug numbers in, I now get a negative number for line length.
I'm at work.. so I don't have the actual numbers, I'm just playing around.

Make sure you are inputting the serving temp and desired CO2 level above in the serving PSI to use section so that the PSI setting is correct for the line length calculator to use. It works off of the serving PSI to use section for it's calculation.

Hope this helps and please don't hesitate to ask additional questions.

cp

It's in feet. Glad you got it to work.

Make sure to read the how to below for balancing your system as well.

cp

Wow; I plug in 2' (height above middle of keg); 0.75 for flow rate, 0.25 for line size = 29.11 feet of line. That's a lot of beer line to run.

CP is awesome. He helped me use his chart and a no mash out sparge process. I was going to brew last weekend but it was too cold, Sunday is suppose to be 40 degrees!

I'm going to start looking at kegging, does anyone recommend going with a manifold setup or a dual body regulator without manifold setup? I'm only doing 2 kegs, I can't see ever upgrading to a third or fourth keg.

Thanks idigg, appreciate it.

One thing to remember when balancing your system is that the optimal flow rate for your system may be different than someone elses. Many commercial setups use 1 gallon per minute which is typically too much for a homebrew setup. Please make sure to read the how to below the calculator as that will walk you through how I would recommend balancing your system. I typically recommend starting with .75 as the flow rate and then buying line 3 feet longer than the calculator is telling you. That way you can always cut it down if needed. Most of the time a homebrew setup will balance in the .7 to .75 range.

cp

Also realized earlier today that I had some cells locked on another tab that shouldn't have been. Will be re-posting an update link in a little while here.

cp

[ame]http://rapidshare.com/files/447608527/CP_s_Brew_Chart_3.0.xls[/ame] - updated link

Updated link above with the cells unlocked. If you notice anything that you feel may not be working as it should, whether it's a locked cell or a calculation, please let me know.

The link in the original post has been updated as well.

Looks like about 40 people had already downloaded. If you are one of those 40 please make sure you re-download.

Please offer your feedback, questions, or ideas.

cp

Apologies for the additional post. A user pointed out that a couple cells were still locked that shouldn't have been. If you downloaded a previous link please make sure to re-download. The original post's link has been updated.

Here is the updated link again - [ame]http://rapidshare.com/files/447608527/CP_s_Brew_Chart_3.0.xls[/ame]

Any questions, thoughts, ideas please don't hesitate to post.

cp

CP,

I'm getting this error when trying to download your chart:

ERROR: Login failed. Account not validated. (2b976ba6)

Wow, I've never seen that before. You shouldn't need an account to download it. It's free. Keep in mind, when you hit the link there will be a small pop up on your screen. Hit "no" to that and then use the slow download option on the page for the free download.

Try the link in my signature below and let me know if you get the same thing. I thought I updated all the links, but maybe I missed one. If you are still having issues post it here and then also send me your email address via pm and I'll send it to you directly.

Thanks.

cp

Back