Couple pics..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

universe

Reaction score
Bottled this tonight then threw on another dark ale.

riesling.jpg

Here is my crawlspace currently.

crawlspace.jpg

I haven't heard that expression since I left Montana. Not to many people here in Arizona have crawlspaces :)

Actually some of the old farm houses on the west side (75th Ave & Northern) had fruit cellars. Probably 99% of them are gone now and the rest abandoned.

what the hell's a basement?

A basement is a room under a house that a wife allows her husband to have. It's usually found in northern climates and the man usually fills it full of his favorite things but his wife calls it junk. Even though the "basement" is supposed to be the mans room the wife still tells the man that he needs to clean it. It's very strange.

A basement is a room under a house that a wife allows her husband to have. It's usually found in northern climates and the man usually fills it full of his favorite things but his wife calls it junk. Even though the "basement" is supposed to be the mans room the wife still tells the man that he needs to clean it. It's very strange.

QFMFT - It's similar to a "garage", except it's underground and your wife doesn't expect to keep her car there.

Northern climates - southern also. Look up Hobart, Tasmania. Does not get much more southern. This is where I live (both the basement, i call it a cellar and the house). Will try and post some photos at some point. Nice and cosy, i prefer it to upstairs!

Universe-
Nice setup. I wish my crawlspace was that high(it's lower than your septic pipe).
What is the R Value of the Styrofoam WallMate on your foundation?

Edit:
Nevermind, I now saw it is 12 from the blowoff pics.

Excellent use of a crawlspace, I might add.

Edit - Also, freecycle is awesome! Nice link!

Yeah, down in New Orleans, where I used to live, we didn't have basements. Can't dig into that ground it'll fill up with water. I was suprised, when I moved, to find people going downstairs to the basement. Now, I don't know what I'd do with out one.

Back