CounterPressure Bottle Filler Stand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr_Jeff

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have a counter pressure bottle filler, one of the good ones with the gauge and the adjustable prv and have had it for a while. It is one of the kind with the single handle to operate it.

I had one before that had three valves that one had to constantly fiddle with each valve and gave it away. It didn't have a stand, it was made out of mixed metal, it was cumbersome to use. Poke filler in sanitized bottle, fiddle with the gas valve, fiddle with the relief valve, back to gas, then to beverage, then pull it out of the bottle and do something with it (the filler), cap the bottle, repeat. A very cumbersome process.

I would like to see what others have built for a stand to use with theirs. I did a google search a time or two and didn't find much.

Some features that I feel would be important, being able to slip the bottle up under the filler, it having a ledge of some sort to sit on, one hand operate the valve, flush, pressurize and fill, the full bottle being able to sit on the ledge, if I am capping and rinsing the previous bottle, being able to pull the bottle out, without tilting it much so that it can be capped, and slipping the new bottle into place, so that an organized process can be done, with minimal time being wasted and have a good "work flow". Also being able to store the device in as little as much space as possible. I have a lower cabinet that it could be put in fully assembled, if needed, in the garage, I also have upper cabinets that a portion of it could be attached to as well. I have a few ideas, but would like to see what others have devised, as to incorporate those ideas, as I build mine.

Thanks.

I researched a lot on counter pressure bottle fillers. In my case, I wanted a 3-4 bottle filler system and considered building it myself. After patiently waiting, I decided it was better use of my time to wait for a four bottle new system to go on sale and buy it, which I did.

Here is a link that might give you some ideas....https://www.google.com/search?q=counter+pressure+bottle+filler+stand&client=firefox-b-1-d&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=mBUVhaKJJY4LlM%3A%2Cgy3KAAHIhpLPdM%2C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kQ8Unwfjwgt8P85BOkzUMak4bXMmw&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjw08XQ8dvoAhWCMH0KHby_ABYQ9QEwBnoECAUQGw

Below are some pics of what some individuals built....
Two Bottle Counter-Flow.jpg

Four  Bottle Counter-Flow.jpg

Good luck with your search!

Last edited:
You could also read this old sticky about a simple, quick and cheap counter pressure method using some tubing and a $1 bung. It's worth trying to see if it works for you before investing; by the looks of it many have shelved expensive systems in preference for its simplicity. I tried it and cancelled plans after the first batch, but it depends on your volume and desire for bling. I can't imagine bottling being much faster than this though unless you buy/build in the realms of a commercial brewer.

Here's a proven method for bottling your beer from the keg without an expensive beergun. I've been doing this for over a year and bottled dozens of cases this way. Every beer I've ever entered into a competition has received consistently high scores for carbonation.

I got one of those fairly cheap, made in China bottle fillers. Has a two way valve and a fairly precise exhaust valve. Anyways, as I digress, I built a stand for it made out of mainly PVC pipe. Used the stronger kind (I believe it's called Valencia pipe) and it's such an upgrade from keep pushing the cpf while filling.
Works for different sizes of bottles too, because the clamp can be moved up and down.

Attachments

• IMG_20200209_205513.jpg
    IMG_20200209_205513.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 248
Back