Counter pressure bottle filler to quick disconnect?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

epbx

Reaction score
I'm looking at buying a counter pressure bottle filler from Morebeer, but had a couple questions. With my current setup, I have my CO2 line from the regulator split off to two kegs. Rather than split off one more line for the bottle filler, I was thinking it'd be much easier to create an adapter to connect it to one of the quick disconnects while leaving the other one on the keg I'm bottling from. After doing some research, it looks like I'll need the following:

a gas post
1/4" MPT x 19/32" plug adapter
1/4 MPT X 5/16 Hose Barb
5/16" ID gas tubing

Basically, it'd go QD to the post to the plug adapter to the 1/4" MPT X 5/16 Hose Barb to the gas tubing to the bottle filler. Thoughts on this setup? Is there an easier way I might be missing?

You pretty much have it. I've put beer (and gas) posts on lots of things here, though I standardized on Firestone posts just 'cuz they dominate my lhbs' inventory. They also carry the two SS fittings, but chicompany.net carries a full line-up of both parts.

line_cleaner_extension_02_sm.jpg

You don't need 5/16" gas tubing, in fact I'd go with much thinner (and thus lighter and more flexible) tubing with the down-sized barbs to match. It'd make handling the filler a bit easier and there's no need for such wide-bore gas tubing on a beer gun...

Cheers!

Thanks for the feedback. The reason I was going with 5/16" tubing was mostly because that was the size of the gas barb on the filler. What size would you recommend?

Ok, the 5/16" barb is overkill for sure given the application, but if that's what it came with you're probably best going with tubing you can get over the barb without heroics.

All my gas tubing is one size smaller than the 1/4" barbs I use - it takes a bit of heat-gun treatment to get them over the barbs but it sure makes for a tight seal. So I'd use 1/4" ID tubing for your beer injector...

Cheers!

Back