Could a brutha get a virtual hug? Just put my cat down.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewN00b

Reaction score
Feline infectious peritonitis. It's a death sentence if you get it; no cures, no treatments. I put him to sleep because the disease just started to affect his nervous system and from what I read it is a nasty ride after that.

I did what I would want done to me, so I know it was right, but F me if it doesn't hurt.

we had to do the same with my wife's dog. kidney failure. the worst part of if was seeing the pooch looking up at you, clearly in pain. The look on it's face was pretty easy to read: make it stop hurting.

you did the right thing.

very sorry to hear this. For any of us that have been there we know how tough it is. You absolutely did the right thing, its very compassionate to stop their pain and suffering and a true act of love.

Thanks all. I think tomorrow I may honor him with brewing up an Imperial Stout kit I have been sitting on.

Hey, you have my sympathies. Anyone that has had a cat or dog has been there. I did not cry when my dad died, but I sat on my steps and bawled like a baby when my dog died. I am raising a homebrew in honor of your friend.

Sorry to hear it buddy, I've had to do it twice. And it's been over a decade and I've never gotten another pet....I really hate the idea of going through that again.

I feel for you , had to put my best friend of 16 years down about three weeks ago. It really sucks but you know its the right thing to do. I will lift one for you and your buddy.

I'm always willing to give hugs, even virtual ones. Letting go of a family member is always hard. I had to put down my chameleon several months ago. After explaining to my boss why I was late for work, all I got for a response was, "You were late because of that?", it was like he was saying, "If it were your mother or father who passed away, I would understand, but that's not an excuse to be late for work". I wanted to walk out and leave forever. Sometimes people don't realize how much something means to them.

I was in the same boat this winter with the first cat I'd had since I was a kid - some kind of anemia. Hurts like the devil, but it's the price we pay for all the good times.

Hang in there.

A *HUG* for you brutha I can't have a cat because the wife is allergic, I always had a cat around when I was a youngster. I've had a couple "neighborhood cats" that visit and I play around with them. I miss them when they no longer visit me.

It's always hard. Several times it seemed as though I would never want to replace the loved pet again, but as soon as I decide to get another, they instantly become part of the family and I could never imagine NOT having them.

:( Sorry to hear man. I've lost a few little fuzzy buddies in my time as well. It's very sad to see them go.

Sorry to hear, that's the worst. Almost enough to make you not want to get another pet someday, but then you do and you remember how awesome they are :)

Sorry for your loss. Had to put my beast to sleep 6 months ago, still stings something special. Keep your head up and the brew cold, you'll get through it.

I'm lifting a glass to you and your lost family member! I know how it feels. Stay strong, and know we're all here thinking about you!

Thanks for all the kind words folks! Ajax had MANY pints toasted to him in the past few days, and he would be pleased in as can be.

I miss the little bugger terribly, but while I didn't get to spend much time with him, I treasure every moment with him. He was a SPOILED cat, and he lived the life of two normal cats in his short time.

My deepest sympathies for your loss. Our cats died in 2007 and 2008 (sisters from the same litter) they lived 15 and 16 years. I still miss them tons and think of them almost everyday. The wife is just now getting around to talking about getting a new kitten or two. Spoiled? Of course! Haven't you ever heard that dogs have masters and cats have staff?

Back