Cost to start a Nano?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You description of the fellas in your town sound an a lot like a local brewery here in Springfield. Makes it a bit easier if you already own a building land and have capital!

Springfield, Oregon? I live in Harrisburg...

Lease, but plan on 6 months of paying rent without brewing a drop of beer.

Actually I have heard more than a few nano's specifying in the lease that rent will not be charged until they are licensed and operating. Of course you have to make it worthwhile to the landlord to assume the risk. If you can pull it off though it takes care of a BIG issue.

I have looked at making a deal w the landlord either in the terms of the repairs i'll complete for the property or asking them to delay the rent payments for x # of months and then increasing the rent appropriately.

We are lucky that we have a few properties in our town that are between 500-1000/ month and were set up for eating establishments in the past... they are about 1200-1400 sq ft.

There are a couple of larger ones that are more warehouse style but they are quite a bit more in terms of rent.

Back