Corny Kegs - what's going on?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only thing with pin lock, you have to have a lil screwdriver handy to release pressure, not a big drawback in my book...

For me, the choice was based on the size of the kegs. I could fit one more keg in the keezer if I went with ball lock over pin lock. Of course I bought my 12 ball locks when they cost under $20 each. I bought 8 of them from CHI at about $17/each. Those days are gone.

Personally I think the future will be those plastic kegs with the sanke coupling that have the disposable bags in them. If they price them to sell, I think the homebrewing community will eat it up.

The only thing with pin lock, you have to have a lil screwdriver handy to release pressure, not a big drawback in my book...

Not all are like that tough... Not all of them are shorter and wider either. I just picked up 13 of these Spartans. they're all pin and are exactly the same as a ball except the for the post/couplers.

image_zps0cdecee2.jpg

At 20$ a piece, i would prolly have sold the wife to make sure I get the whole lot.... You still can replace the wife right...:fro:

Well I guess deals on corny kegs are still to be made... Just picked up two 5 gal ball lock corny kegs off CL for $12.5/ea

A son moved into his own house, left them at his moms, and told her to get rid of them. His dad almost tossed them, but the mom said no and posted them on CL. Score!

Keg connection.com prices are up also. Pin lock is about 50 and ball lock is around 70-80. Used. I just purchased a 1/6 sanke and I'm waiting on my ball lock retrofit and I'm gonna see how I like it. And it was 89 brand new.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Damn! I was gonna lock in 4 pin locks last month when they were 40 and resell a couple. There goes that boat.

I'm a full time student, so I help supplement my hobby by buying cheap and selling at average to slightly below average prices.

In a weeks time, I sold about $1500 in kegs @ $50 (5gal) /$70 (3 gal) / $55 (1/6 sanke) and I didn't even advertise most of them.

I've been hearing from everyone that kegs are hard to find, so they're jumping on the opportunity @ $50/5 gal.

Latest posts

Back