Corny kegs for $15. Buy even if I don't need them?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtnagel

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
If you had the opportunity to buy $15 corny kegs without having an immediate need, would you?

I just started kegging and only use a mini fridge that fits the two I have. I was thinking I could use one more where I can condition at room temp a beer while I finish one of the two kegs I have. But I might be able to buy 8 for $15 each. I know that's a great deal so should I buy all 8 eight? I really don't have any plans for a keezer at this point. Also I have pin lock kegs and these are ball lock.

Gobble them up. If nothing else, you can always resell them. Guaranteed. What condition are they in? I might be willing to drive there and take most of them off your hands for 20 each. You'll make some quick cash and get a free keg or two. PM me if you're interested. I've been planning on visiting a friend in Ohio here soon anyway.

Wow, sounds like a resounding yes. I bought my 2 cornys a few years ago when I thought I would keg, but didn't start until a couple months ago. I think I paid $20.

BBL, I'll keep your offer in mind but I don't even have them yet.

My rules is that I buy any and all corny kegs that I find on craigslist for under $40. I've been lucky, but it's drying up. I have 17 now (and have owned probably 60) but it's to the point where I have more than I need but I won't turn down a deal. I guess that makes me part of the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

DanH and Milldoggy: sell me some spare kegs.

Buy even if you don't need them?? Are you freaking serious??? Hell yeah!!! Buy them!!

I'll take 4-6 off you if you give me a good deal.................

DanH and Milldoggy: sell me some spare kegs.

Without revealing secrets, my advice is to check craigslist constantly.

I emailed about those kegs 2 days ago, but still no reply from the seller. :(

He replied to me once. I asked a question and he basically said they hold beer. I told him I'd take whatever he had left. We'll see if he replies again. I'm almost thinking the old adage applies here, "if it's too good to be true, it probably is."

He replied to me once. I asked a question and he basically said they hold beer. I told him I'd take whatever he had left. We'll see if he replies again. I'm almost thinking the old adage applies here, "if it's too good to be true, it probably is."

Just in case that it's not too good to be true, I'm serious..... I'll buy a few off you if you want to make some money (and if you offer a fair price). First dibs. ;)

I emailed the seller 3 times and never heard back from him either. Think it might be a troller. If you do happen to get them I'd be more than happy to buy some from you. I'm in dire need of some cornys.

The plot thickens - he responded that he has 10 left. I told him I'd take them all. Let's see what he says.

If you don't see me posting in awhile, call the police because he has killed me during the transaction :)

mtnagel -- if you buy them, i'll immediately buy some from you if you are interested.. you can mark them up whatever you feel is fair. i think we live within 10-15 mins from each other.

I've seen cornies for under $50 go in a matter of hours. Something smells funny here.

Don't give any personal info and carry your sidearm! :eek:

Mission aborted! I've been found out! He knows about this thread. Obviously anyone on here knows the value, so I have no idea what the scam is, but clearly something is rotten in Denmark.

I've noticed "too good to be true" deals in several different categories on Craigslist lately. Don't know if the sellers are just collecting email addresses or what.

Back