Corked Belgian Bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbaker33

Reaction score
Hey all,

I've seen this posted all over the web, however, I never see an answer to the question: How can I get the cork out of my homebrewed Belgian beers without using a cork puller?

I've made 2-3 different batches now, and even after sitting for a couple of months, the corks won't budge and I have to use a cork puller.

I've felt the inside of some commercially corked bottles and I can't feel any lubricant or anything like that, but those corks come out so easily, it makes me think there has to be a trick of some sort.

Also, I am using Belgian corks, with Belgian bottles, that much I do know...

Thanks,

Mark

I've never had that difficulty, but in thinking about how I open them I generally give them a twist first - which kind of "breaks" the seal. Then wiggle back and forth while pulling up until the come out. Not necessarily easy, but I've never used a cork puller on one.

I would think that the pressure in them should do all the work for you. At least that is my experience with the "Belgium" beers. All they usually take is a bit of rocking to get them going. You arent corking them like wines are done are you? Are you carbing them high enough?

Take my thoughts with a grain of salt. I havent bottled belgians yet.

Back