Coriander ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StroudCreek

Reaction score
I am going to brew a wheat beer with orange peel and Coriander. Should the Coriander be crushed or should I just add the seeds? Also if its a one hour boil when should the orange peel and coriander be added?

Grab a cutting board, rolling pin and get crushing, just be mindful of the amount you use.

i do this all the time. definitely crush the coriander ( i use 1/2 oz to just get a light flavor ). i use a sandwich bag and a hammer. add with 15 minutes left in the boil

I tossed it all in, I used 1/2 oz sweet and 1/2 oz bitter orange peel along with 1/3 oz coriander to the boil. I didn't go bananas on the crush of the seeds just enough to crack'em up.

For a 5 gal boil I personally think your in for a blast of orange flavor. You could dry hop an ounce of bitter/sweet. (Sterilize in vodka). I think the coriander amount is too high, I've heard it can be overpowering if over used.

I used 1/2oz of coriander @ 15 min. in the witbier I just made, but I didn't think to crush them. Hopefully enough flavor comes through.

I'm thinking of adding a slight coriander / orange hint to a blonde ale with citra... maybe 1/4 oz each. Has anyone tried something similar?

Back