Corenlius tap storage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

koomber

Reaction score
Just tapped my first ever Cornie and I have a question about the party taps.

How do you store them when not in use? In theory the beer in the line shouldn't go off, but the end of the party tap I'm using mind go a bit minky. I was thinking about stiking the head of the tap in a jar of starsan when not in use to stop it going off.

What tis the preferred option for the forumites?

Just tapped my first ever Cornie and I have a question about the party taps.

How do you store them when not in use? In theory the beer in the line shouldn't go off, but the end of the party tap I'm using mind go a bit minky. I was thinking about stiking the head of the tap in a jar of starsan when not in use to stop it going off.

What tis the preferred option for the forumites?

Just drink a lot, and preferably very fast! I've never really done anything...just coil up the line on top of the keg. But your idea should be fine if you want to do it.

I do keep a spray bottle of saniclean around. You can spray the tap after use.

I would like to know this as well. At first at left it in a cup of water, but worried about mold (?) then I just placed it on a paper towel to get any drippings. Still not sure though, and it still made a mess.

I would like to know this as well. At first at left it in a cup of water, but worried about mold (?) then I just placed it on a paper towel to get any drippings. Still not sure though, and it still made a mess.

You certainly can't hurt anything by being fastidious about sanitation, but as long as the line and the tap are both in the keezer/refrigerator, you aren't going to have a problem. If you go a week without pulling a draft, just pour off a few ounces before dispensing into your pint. I keep a bucket next to the keezer for just that reason. That will get rid of stale beer in the line.

When you drain a keg, I like to fill a clean keg with Saniclean (or Starsan) solution, connect the used line/tap, and give it a good cleaning.

Depending on how humid it is where you live, you could get little mold 'plugs' right in the spigot.

Get yourself a small brush to keep them cleaned if that happens. I'm still figuring out how to prevent that in my setup.

Advice like this is why I love this forum. This is exceptionally useful for the only beer drinker in the house. My Liver thanks you for your advice!

Back