Copper pipes on beer lines in your kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crypt0

Reaction score
Those of you with kegerators,

Does adding the copper pipes around your beer lines make a noticeable difference with foaming? I'm curious as I've heard people say the end of the pipe closest to the taps are room temperature. I think it's a more elegant solution then having a computer fan and a bunch of wires stuffed in the kegerator so I'd like to give it a try on my new conversion.

You can also just use black foam insulation tubing...anything will be better then nothing, but the fan is the best best as it circulates that air constantly. If you do it right you wont even see the wires. Try out the foam tubing since it is only like 90c and see what works for you.

I have a kegerator, with copper pipes.

a) save your money
b) use a fan to blow cold air up into the tower

As soon as I drain a keg, i'm digging back into my kegerator to put a fan in. I have massive foaming issues on first pours.

Nice Joey.

I doubt anyone has done it, but I would love to see some data on say the temp of first 1/4 pint pulled with no air circulation or copper pipe, 1/4 pint pull with copper pipes, and 1/4 pint pulled with fan installed. Maybe I'll be the one to do it on this conversion :)

I built a wood irish coffin on my kegerator and gave each line its own 3/4" copper pipe and then taped them all together in a bundle and encased them in spray foam within the tower. It makes replacing the beer lines super easy now and I have no issues with foaming.

Back