coopers mexican cerveza

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kf4ocj

Reaction score
Ok guys,just wanted to see what you think.I bought one of these cans the other day and when I got home I realized I didnt have any dme,so I went ahead and brewed this and added 2 lbs of corn sugar I had laying around.I had heard that these kits really lack flavor so I thought I would cut back on the water,so instead of a 5 gallon batch I made 4.5.I got the temp down quickly and when I checked a couple minutes ago its around 66F and I have decided to just let it sit at the cooler temp.I have got air lock activity in less than 24hrs but its not blowing the top off.The og was 1.040.Just wondering,would it help to let it warm a little or will it be better at the cooler temps.Just wondering what you guys think

I think i'd go buy two books: The complete joy of homebrewing by Charlie Papizan and How to Brew by John Palmer. :)

Seriously, they'll answer just about every question you can think of.

I'd also chill out and just let your beer ferment for three weeks, or until your hydrometer readings are exactly the same for 2-3 days in a row.

I think i'd go buy two books: The complete joy of homebrewing by Charlie Papizan and How to Brew by John Palmer. :)

Seriously, they'll answer just about every question you can think of.

I'd also chill out and just let your beer ferment for three weeks, or until your hydrometer readings are exactly the same for 2-3 days in a row.

I have charlies book,this isn't my first brew,though Im not as versed as some of the guys on the forum,by any stretch.I have done some partial mashes but haven't tried all grain yet.What I was really wondering was what you guys thought about the changes I made and fermenting at a cooler temp.I think I will let it go for a couple weeks then rack to secondary to free up my fermenter for another brew

The Cooper's cans are designed for 23L,or 6.072USG. 5 gallons would've been good,since they're noemally 6G. At 4.5 gallons,it'll be stronger than intended,& give fewer bottles. But you'll have a stronger beer,so see if you like it that way.

I just brewed this kit too but I really bumped it up. I used 2 cans and 1 kilo of light DME. I was expecting a huge volcano of a blow off on it but just got a few minor farts. I was worried about infection as I was expecting much more activity from it. I bottled it about a week ago and everything seemed great no infection and its carving nicely now. And it's settling out nicely can't wait to try it. I'm starting to wonder if this kit just brews nice and slow.

Good deal guys.I have a feeling this is going to be outstanding
will update

Back