coopers kit and some other leftovers.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kharnynb

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I picked up a coopers draught kit for 20 cents from the bargain bin(gone over best before date by a week) and about 2 pounds of amber dme that the local store had ordered, but couldnt shift.

Any way to make a decent beer out of this, and should i replace the yeast with something else?

Do a partial boil with some of the DME, add some flavour hops (depends on your preference) and boil for 15-20 minutes. Throw in some aroma hops and whisk in the rest of the DME. Cover and leave stand for a few minutes. Add to bucket, add Coopers can contents, stir and top up to the level according to the instructions (23 litres I think). Sprinkle on a pack of Safale-05.

Some might say to use some steeping grains, but I don't think it's necessary with the combination of the Draught and the Amber DME.

I used half a 3lb bag of plain DME in the boil for a couple hop additions. Then add remaining DME & the Cooper's can @ flame out. Since the wort's still boiling hot, & pasteurization happens in seconds @ 160F, bob's your uncle.:mug:

thanks for the suggestions, i still have some northern brewer in the freezer, i guess i can put an ounce of that to spice it up a bit.

Latest posts

Back