Cooler mash tun kinda bubbled a little after mash.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justdrumin

Reaction score
so I did my first all grain which went off perfectly. Hit my mash temps perfect. Preheated my tun with hot water for a few hours, doughed in at 170*F and hit 154*F. Sparge with 175*F water. Hit my volumes and gravity on the dot, but as I cleaned out my mash tun I noticed that the walls of the cooler kinda warped or bubbled a bit. Anybody had this issue? It's an Igloo 50 quart Island Breeze Maxcold.

Mine has the same personality. Putting in the super hot water distorts the plastic. No major impact other than making it a bit tougher to get my false bottom to seal to the walls cleanly. It will reach a maximum after a few batches and then won't move anymore. It is likely just the relaxation of the stresses left in the plastic from forming at the factory once you soften it enough.

Ok good!! After having a FANTASTIC experience with my first all grain I was gonna be pissed if it was ruined by my mash tun. It sure is tasty though! Notty handled business in three days! Lol. Thanks guys.

Back